Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Leaf springs

Josskell

Hi guys, I recently picked up a 55plate transit 2.4 T350. 
I’ve had to do the usual welding on the arches, steps etc... although it’s low mileage and drives really well, the rust was pretty bad and it had failed it’s MOT for the leaf springs breaking in the shackle.

I could do with a little advice on the rear leaf springs. I’ve bought and fitted a set of 2+1 springs with a new set of u bolts.
We did the job without any trouble really, bit of harsh language and back ache but it’s done. 

Now the springs that came off were 2 leaf, I expected the van to sit up higher obviously being new springs and an extra leaf. But when you look at the van from the side the bottom flat leaf that sits in front of the rear axle is pretty much pointing below the sill of the van. 
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light or photos of their springs just to clarify it’s correct. It just seems really odd that they would be positioned like this. Unless I’ve put them on the wrong way round or something 😂 I had given the reg of the van to the supplier and they confirmed fitment so I’m assumed they are correct for my van.

Any help, photos would be greatly appreciated! 

Joss 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club