Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cams

Gazcaz

Well as some know about my wifes car being written off this week ,all sorted as they agreed it was there fault i have purchased a dash cam for mine and her new one.

Is it better in a constant 12 volts or ignition it has a motion sensor so i cant work out if that works via a built in battery or not ?

I have a Nextbase and it's only powered with the ignition on. The motion detection works using an internal battery. If it had a power supply all the time it would be recording constantly as it starts and stops when I switch the ignition on and off. With ignition off it only records if a shock is detected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Matt Alsop said:

I have a Nextbase and it's only powered with the ignition on. The motion detection works using an internal battery. If it had a power supply all the time it would be recording constantly as it starts and stops when I switch the ignition on and off. With ignition off it only records if a shock is detected.

Thanks just wanted to make sure.

I have a Nextbase too and it does have an internal battery.   The battery is only used when the ignition is off and there is a shock felt by the dashcam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1