Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Too Old At 66

Titanium

i am 18, if i wanted to get a courtesy car they would more than likely say no, is that age discrimination? its all insurance and risk-return stuff for the companies isn't it... fact of the matter is people below 25 and over 65 probably have the most accidents on the roads? i haven't read that or anything just a guess so if you think of it from insurance companies prospectives... lending a car to people who are more likely to damage it = higher risk of pay out... may be aload of nonsense what i put but makes sense too me!

I agree that at 66 you should really be allowed to have a courtesy car whilst yours is being serviced (providing the dealer in question gives courtesy cars that is).

Saying that, to prevent excessive insurance premiums for the dealer it is obviously beneficial for them to narrow their range of risk categories i.e. age, accidents, points etc. The question is - how old is too old to safely insure?

At the very least they should let you set up your own fully comp insurance on the loaner vehicle, that's what I did when I was under 21.

I agree that at 66 you should really be allowed to have a courtesy car whilst yours is being serviced (providing the dealer in question gives courtesy cars that is).

Saying that, to prevent excessive insurance premiums for the dealer it is obviously beneficial for them to narrow their range of risk categories i.e. age, accidents, points etc. The question is - how old is too old to safely insure?

At the very least they should let you set up your own fully comp insurance on the loaner vehicle, that's what I did when I was under 21.

Lady next door to me in her seventies, Peugeot dealer 10 miles away, always drops off a courtesy car, when servicing hers.

I havent written any asignments either,I just have a knowledge of how things work in real life rather than in the theoretical fluffy academic world.

Perhaps our resident expert on age descrimination would like to explain why I would have to pay to board a bus after 09.30 am,when the person in front of me can get on free based purely on the fact they are of pension age.

Is that not descrimination on a much larger scale Amie 07?

Dave

I havent written any asignments either,I just have a knowledge of how things work in real life rather than in the theoretical fluffy academic world.

Perhaps our resident expert on age descrimination would like to explain why I would have to pay to board a bus after 09.30 am,when the person in front of me can get on free based purely on the fact they are of pension age.

Is that not descrimination on a much larger scale Amie 07?

Dave

HA HA! Well perhaps that will change too with this new law? lol

I never professed to be any kind of 'expert' u described my advice as 'tosh' even though others had given similar advice, so i just told you where my 'knowledge' had come from, that's what forums are for, sharing advice, yes the advice might be wrong or ill informed but it gives people the chance to read up on stuff and investigate it for themselves.

On the subject of bus passes though, do you not think pensioners deserve a free bus pass? Especially since according to insurance/motoring companies over 65s are a 'risk' on the road? ;)

Does seem out of order but I can understand it.

I want to start a rant about being classed as a 'young driver' until you're 25 ... but I wont lol.

Surley somthing isnt right just because its law. If it is im sure you all drive at the specifeid speed limit at all times. you never park where you should not. your all the angels sent from god. Be real they said the fellows to old . thats plainly wrong if he's old enough to buy a car off them hes old enough to use the services they offer. Some poeple need to get a back bone and stand together when something is wrong. next white males aged between 25 and 45 will be banned for "reasons that are strictly company policy" then maybe you will feel the need to lobby together and help out.

Edited by DanGull
Swearing removed - a reminder that replacing parts of swear words isn't allowed - it's treated in the same way as full on swearing.

Surley somthing isnt right just because its law. If it is im sure you all drive at the specifeid speed limit at all times. you never park where you should not. F8ck me your all the angels sent from god. Be real they said the fellows to old . thats plainly wrong if he's old enough to buy a car off them hes old enough to use the services they offer. Some poeple need to get a back bone and stand together when something is wrong. next white males aged between 25 and 45 will be banned for "reasons that are strictly company policy" then maybe you will feel the need to lobby together and help out.

I said that I didn't agree with it, I don't see any reason why a 66 year old shouldn't get a courtesy car...but that doesn't mean anything, it's about being objective.

However, the advice of 'sue the dealership, contact the press, grab your torch and pitchfork' (massive paraphrase) was completely OTT, and wrong in the sense that it wouldn't have got anywhere - that's why I posted what I have already in this thread.

On the subject of bus passes though, do you not think pensioners deserve a free bus pass? Especially since according to insurance/motoring companies over 65s are a 'risk' on the road? ;)

No. When I was at college I had to pay £59 a month to travel each way on the bus every day. They get it free. They have an income, I didn't.

No. When I was at college I had to pay £59 a month to travel each way on the bus every day. They get it free. They have an income, I didn't.

i had this too but it was £30 quid for me... until the car came along!

college, college we had to get a job a six years old sweeping chimneys.....you don't know your born

we were so poor we had to live in a hole in the road

First sorry for the expletives in my post. But for dan to say that these actions would be over the top and basicly achieve nothing is frankly scary. I always read your posts with an understanding you were an inteligent fairly young man. However if you think that by not complaining because its not worth it, means you already beleive nothings worth fighting for. No matter what your belief you must make the most noise you can. If every pensioner in this country stopped buying new cars ( think of the amount who buy big expensive retirment cars)until they raised this limit they would be on there knees begging for them to purchase anything. If people stick together they could change a great deal in this world and probaly much more important issues than this. To hear a young inteligent man think that someones right to a service should be based on ther age is frankly sadening. Im not an old rose tinted oap myself. Im 34 yrs old and this wouldnt affect me one bit. But its just plain wrong. It shows me that people these days really do think of nothing but themselves.This post is sent with the most respect to mr D gull.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club