Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


MK4 - BLIS Install


Recommended Posts

Hi! We recently installed BLIS to my friend's MK4 in Turkey. There is no-pre wiring. Unlike the MK3, Mk4 has BLIS radar brackets were installed on the bumper already. He bought radar sensors and the the mirror glasses with BLIS LED's. However buying the complete mirror with BLIS is much better because connector is already equipped with LED terminals, imao.

After installation and wiring, SODR, SODL, PDM, DDM and IPC needs to be reprogrammed correctly.

Please note that in Turkey we have LHD cars. So part numbers may be different.

BLIS Radars

4 door & SW

JX7T 14C689 AD / 2266418 (x2)

5 doors

JX7T 14C689 CE / 2346608 (x2)

image.png.48a582196418df9b4257df5168532519.png

 

Mirror Glass with BLIS indicator

JX7B 17K740 KA / 2195779 (Right)

JX7B 17K741 KA / 2195787 (Left)

image.png.da0feef31789303b35413b5769e117e0.png

Wiring Diagrams

image.thumb.png.40dae80b5eb86fd226997962406640ef.png

image.thumb.png.ab36dc64b586279e2d2a88692b115d99.png

image.thumb.png.521b73248bf062608eef8c57f69b6f56.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kamilben said:

Hi! We recently installed BLIS to my friend's MK4 in Turkey. There is no-pre wiring. Unlike the MK3, Mk4 has BLIS radar brackets were installed on the bumper already. He bought radar sensors and the the mirror glasses with BLIS LED's. However buying the complete mirror with BLIS is much better because connector is already equipped with LED terminals, imao.

After installation and wiring, SODR, SODL, PDM, DDM and IPC needs to be reprogrammed correctly.

Please note that in Turkey we have LHD cars. So part numbers may be different.

BLIS Radars

4 door & SW

JX7T 14C689 AD / 2266418 (x2)

5 doors

JX7T 14C689 CE / 2346608 (x2)

image.png.48a582196418df9b4257df5168532519.png

 

Mirror Glass with BLIS indicator

JX7B 17K740 KA / 2195779 (Right)

JX7B 17K741 KA / 2195787 (Left)

image.png.da0feef31789303b35413b5769e117e0.png

Wiring Diagrams

image.thumb.png.40dae80b5eb86fd226997962406640ef.png

image.thumb.png.ab36dc64b586279e2d2a88692b115d99.png

image.thumb.png.521b73248bf062608eef8c57f69b6f56.png

Thanks for that really helpful!

You mentioned there’s no pre-wiring - did the focus you did it on have the camera B&O play? Hoping as my car has these may have the wiring in place all ready just need to get round to removing the bumper.

On that subject was getting the rear bumper off pretty straight forward?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, simps100 said:

Thanks for that really helpful!

You mentioned there’s no pre-wiring - did the focus you did it on have the camera B&O play? Hoping as my car has these may have the wiring in place all ready just need to get round to removing the bumper.

On that subject was getting the rear bumper off pretty straight forward?

YW. 

Yes, the car has B&O and camera. I’m not sure about equipment differences between countries but dont have any hope about extra wiring.

As for rear bumper, sadly I’m not with him while removing the bumper. But It should be similar with Mk3. May be you can find videos on Youtube. I will share the service procedure of bumper removal, if i can find it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@simps100 I have not disassembled the rear bumper, it is possible to look inside on one side. For my part, I have a model with the left hand drive, so at the rear exhaust side, you can see the interior of the rear bumper. In the photo, you can see that there are only two sensors (one on the side then the rear side). Normally the BLIS sensor is in between?

Sorry for my english, I'm french. ^^

https://imgur.com/TcwwxxY

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, kamilben said:

In MK4 BLIS radars are mounted to back of the car, not on to the bumper.

C0BB3B2E-35F1-489F-B982-D9AD8DF10ED6.jpeg


I checked below, but it is very complicated to have a visual on the lower part of the rear light.

However, maybe you can help me, is the BLIS wiring going underneath with the sensors? In the photo, it looks like the cable is coming from the top (in yellow).

https://imgur.com/kaxO8PJ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AstroNico said:

However, maybe you can help me, is the BLIS wiring going underneath with the sensors? In the photo, it looks like the cable is coming from the top (in yellow).

It's been a while I don't remember exactly but It should be yellow one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kamilben said:

It's been a while I don't remember exactly but It should be yellow one.


I have the impression that the Parking Pack includes the BLIS but it is disabled if you do not take the option. Moreover, Ford today integrates BLIS in on Pack Parking. For my part, I have sensors on the sides because I have this Pack. You can see the difference with the two pictures.

Pack Parking.png

Sans Pack Parking.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AstroNico said:


I have the impression that the Parking Pack includes the BLIS but it is disabled if you do not take the option. Moreover, Ford today integrates BLIS in on Pack Parking. For my part, I have sensors on the sides because I have this Pack. You can see the difference with the two pictures.

Pack Parking.png

Sans Pack Parking.png

Hmm mine also has the sensors on the side like the top image - although I don’t think the BLIS sensors have anything external like that but maybe wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hi all

Just researching the parts needed for this - have come across some MK4 wing mirrors with BLIS built in - is there any way of telling from the pins in these wing mirrors also have the folding motor and heating element as don’t want to lose them! Thank you!

CA84C3E8-B352-4E5D-B742-2712FE00208A.thumb.jpeg.7bb648ba0be606946fc26122e9baaffa.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, simps100 said:

Hi all

Just researching the parts needed for this - have come across some MK4 wing mirrors with BLIS built in - is there any way of telling from the pins in these wing mirrors also have the folding motor and heating element as don’t want to lose them! Thank you!

CA84C3E8-B352-4E5D-B742-2712FE00208A.thumb.jpeg.7bb648ba0be606946fc26122e9baaffa.jpeg

Just bumping this if anyone has a way to tell if this wing mirror features the heated element and folding mirror by the pins before I buy a couple - I know they definitely have the BLIS light!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, simps100 said:

Just bumping this if anyone has a way to tell if this wing mirror features the heated element and folding mirror by the pins before I buy a couple - I know they definitely have the BLIS light!

I'm not 100% sure but if you've got BLIS mirror units they'll have the heating and folding, can't believe you can have BLIS without the other two!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frowma said:

I'm not 100% sure but if you've got BLIS mirror units they'll have the heating and folding, can't believe you can have BLIS without the other two!

This was sort of my thinking that if the car had BLIS as an option it likely had the other 2 but wanted to be certain before buying but think will go for It! Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 4:07 PM, kamilben said:

Hi! We recently installed BLIS to my friend's MK4 in Turkey. There is no-pre wiring. Unlike the MK3, Mk4 has BLIS radar brackets were installed on the bumper already. He bought radar sensors and the the mirror glasses with BLIS LED's. However buying the complete mirror with BLIS is much better because connector is already equipped with LED terminals, imao.

After installation and wiring, SODR, SODL, PDM, DDM and IPC needs to be reprogrammed correctly.

Please note that in Turkey we have LHD cars. So part numbers may be different.

BLIS Radars

4 door & SW

JX7T 14C689 AD / 2266418 (x2)

5 doors

JX7T 14C689 CE / 2346608 (x2)

image.png.48a582196418df9b4257df5168532519.png

 

Mirror Glass with BLIS indicator

JX7B 17K740 KA / 2195779 (Right)

JX7B 17K741 KA / 2195787 (Left)

image.png.da0feef31789303b35413b5769e117e0.png

Wiring Diagrams

image.thumb.png.40dae80b5eb86fd226997962406640ef.png

image.thumb.png.ab36dc64b586279e2d2a88692b115d99.png

image.thumb.png.521b73248bf062608eef8c57f69b6f56.png

Hi, can I ask you to where did you wire MS-Can in boot? Thank yo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, kamilben said:

Hi! We recently installed BLIS to my friend's MK4 in Turkey. There is no-pre wiring. Unlike the MK3, Mk4 has BLIS radar brackets were installed on the bumper already. He bought radar sensors and the the mirror glasses with BLIS LED's. However buying the complete mirror with BLIS is much better because connector is already equipped with LED terminals, imao.

After installation and wiring, SODR, SODL, PDM, DDM and IPC needs to be reprogrammed correctly.

Please note that in Turkey we have LHD cars. So part numbers may be different.

BLIS Radars

4 door & SW

JX7T 14C689 AD / 2266418 (x2)

5 doors

JX7T 14C689 CE / 2346608 (x2)

image.png.48a582196418df9b4257df5168532519.png

 

Mirror Glass with BLIS indicator

JX7B 17K740 KA / 2195779 (Right)

JX7B 17K741 KA / 2195787 (Left)

image.png.da0feef31789303b35413b5769e117e0.png

Wiring Diagrams

image.thumb.png.40dae80b5eb86fd226997962406640ef.png

image.thumb.png.ab36dc64b586279e2d2a88692b115d99.png

image.thumb.png.521b73248bf062608eef8c57f69b6f56.png

Hello

How to find the part numbers of pictures ?Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Linds said:

Does one actually need a BLIS system?

No, but it gives you an advantage over not having it. I still check my mirrors and turn my head before changing lanes but I find that I see that little orange light before my eyes have had time to focus on the mirror.

It is a bit like wearing Glasses, if you are blind then they are completely useless, but if you are sighted they can make you see better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tizer said:

No, but it gives you an advantage over not having it. I still check my mirrors and turn my head before changing lanes but I find that I see that little orange light before my eyes have had time to focus on the mirror.

It is a bit like wearing Glasses, if you are blind then they are completely useless, but if you are sighted they can make you see better. 

I totally understand ... if BLIS was "thrown in" as part of a package I'd use it and probably appreciate having it ... I just don't think I'd expend effort or money fitting it post-purchase.  Whatever, we're all different!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership