Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Power-Fold Mirrors MK7.5 Question.

RO02THO

Hi 

I’m looking to retrofit some powerfold mirrors but I have heard you need to check to ensure you have the correct fuses for them to work. 

I’ve attached a photo, please could someone let me know if I have the required fuses? 

210176E1-779F-473C-BAA4-3F6CC19A5D27.jpeg

4 hours ago, RO02THO said:

Hi 

I’m looking to retrofit some powerfold mirrors but I have heard you need to check to ensure you have the correct fuses for them to work. 

I’ve attached a photo, please could someone let me know if I have the required fuses? 

210176E1-779F-473C-BAA4-3F6CC19A5D27.jpeg

I believe you need two relays on that fuse board.Watch here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P_4udZJfq4&feature=youtu.be&t=45s

5 hours ago, Gazcaz said:

I believe you need two relays on that fuse board.Watch here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P_4udZJfq4&feature=youtu.be&t=45s

I saw this video but noticed it was specifically for the MK7 instead of 7.5 so wondered if anything has changed.

12 hours ago, RO02THO said:

I saw this video but noticed it was specifically for the MK7 instead of 7.5 so wondered if anything has changed.

Hi have a look ive got the 7.5 but mine has power folds and the fuse box is identical to that video.

1 minute ago, Gazcaz said:

Hi have a look ive got the 7.5 but mine has power folds and the fuse box is identical to that video.

Thanks for checking, It seems I wouldn't be able to do this then. 

1 minute ago, RO02THO said:

Thanks for checking, It seems I wouldn't be able to do this then. 

Not if you have not got the loom fitted and two relays but you might be able to retro fit them if you get the parts needed maybe and not sure if a forscan will need doing after.

This is my fuse box, only have 1 relay and i fit power folder mirrors.

Most important, power folding mirros use a 10 pin connector, make sure you have it on the door panel.

Caixa fusiveis 2.jpg

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, fgservo said:

This is my fuse boximageproxy.php?img=&key=0e662d3074f136c9, only have 1 relay and i fit power folder mirrors.

Most important, power folding mirros use a 10 pin connector, make sure you have it on the door panel.

Caixa fusiveis 2.jpg

I stand corrected thanks.

13 hours ago, fgservo said:

This is my fuse boximageproxy.php?img=&key=0e662d3074f136c9, only have 1 relay and i fit power folder mirrors.

Caixa fusiveis 2.jpg

Thanks for replying. What model Fiesta (and Year) Do you have?

I do notice you have two relays at the top which I don't, I will remove my door card at some point to check.

Fiesta Titanium 2016

Relay above is R1, R6, R7 stands for, Ignition, Keyless entry (accessory), Keyless entry (ignition)

https://www.autogenius.info/ford-fiesta-from-2012-fuse-box-diagram-eu-version/

You also have to buy this switch (see pic)

IMG_20200623_163432.jpg

46 minutes ago, fgservo said:

Fiesta Titanium 2016

Relay above is R1, R6, R7 stands for, Ignition, Keyless entry (accessory), Keyless entry (ignition)

IMG_20200623_163432.jpg

I have been looking for the 2012+ circuit diagram but could only find 2009-2012. Thanks for that!

Fingers crossed for the 10 wires. 🙂

On 6/23/2020 at 4:42 PM, fgservo said:

Fiesta Titanium 2016

IMG_20200623_163432.jpg

Hi, I have checked the wires today and I can see I have 10 wires. I have installed one folding mirror. 

I am still waiting on the switch but I thought I would enable it first in Forscan. I have checked forscan and can see I already have the electric/folding mirror option enabled below. But it doesn't appear under the vehicle settings. Are there any other options which need enabling?

IMG-2025

No. Leave that as it is.

Is the option above, "without retractable...", change to "with...."

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, fgservo said:

No. Leave that as it is.

Oh dear haha I wasn’t looking at that at all. I’ve just done it now and it works. Thanks for all your help! 

On 6/25/2020 at 3:52 PM, fgservo said:

No. Leave that as it is.

Another quick question, do your puddle lights on the mirrors work?

Yes, but i take a lot of time to find out, know where to find tutorials.

You will need to activate other option in Forscan.

I post a pic, but is a different language, but you will get there.

Sem Título.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fgservo said:

Yes, but i take a lot of time to find out, know where to find tutorials.

You will need to activate other option in Forscan.

I post a pic, but is a different language, but you will get there.

Sem Título.jpg

Thank you for this. I’ll translate it.

Where do you find guides on this stuff? I have had trouble finding good help. 

Probably side skirts light or something, but it ill be in the same place, just different language.

Forscan foruns, here, or find myself.

Trial and error, just make a backup file, and dont spend to much if you dont have a battery charger, you may have a surprise. The program alert you if battery is low, but still

7 minutes ago, fgservo said:

Probably side skirts light or something, but it ill be in the same place, just different language.

Forscan foruns, here, or find myself.

Trial and error, just make a backup file, and dont spend to much if you dont have a battery charger, you may have a surprise. The program alert you if battery is low, but still

I have seen that warning once before. Is that bad? My battery is good at the moment as stop/start is working. 

Is not bad, just be carefull, program warn you if battery lvl is 11.84v or 11.89v cant remember.

I use a multimeter just to be sure. I just go for a ride, charge a little and check voltage.

• 2 months later...

Hi mate, 

I’m hoping my switch arrives tomorrow to get this done on my ST. Where do you go in forscan to adapt the mirrors? I’ve never used it before 🤣. Am I right in saying the laptop isn’t to be connected to the internet while doing it? 

Thanks

J

• 6 months later...

Hi, did you sucessfuly done the retrofit? 

• 2 months later...

did you guy figure out about the fuses and relays ? i fitted power folding mirror and activated on forscan however I only have one of the relays on the glove box and only the driver side mirror is working. its a 1.0l 125ps 2013 fiesta has anyone got both mirros to fold with only the one fuse relay ? 

Hi all,

Today i installed powerfold mirrors to my mk7.5 ecoboost 138bhp 1 litre red and black edition. 

I only have one relay in my fuse box. 

The mirrors working great on the manual button i also installed like for like. 

Iv turned it all on in forscan - with retractable mirrors without memory.

With puddle lights. 

However i dont have any autofold options? They have worked a few times opening and closing but wont do it permanently. Anyone know the fix to this?  Btw anyone looking to do it its ***** easy and i will help anybody but i am stuck with the autofold part.

Also i have mk7 08-13 plate powerfold mirrors for sale cheap as these do not fit mk7.5 models as i found out lol. 

• 10 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 9:16 PM, Joey26uk said:

Hi all,

Today i installed powerfold mirrors to my mk7.5 ecoboost 138bhp 1 litre red and black edition. 

I only have one relay in my fuse box. 

The mirrors working great on the manual button i also installed like for like. 

Iv turned it all on in forscan - with retractable mirrors without memory.

With puddle lights. 

However i dont have any autofold options? They have worked a few times opening and closing but wont do it permanently. Anyone know the fix to this?  Btw anyone looking to do it its ***** easy and i will help anybody but i am stuck with the autofold part.

Also i have mk7 08-13 plate powerfold mirrors for sale cheap as these do not fit mk7.5 models as i found out lol. 

Did you get them working? Any advice you have I’m thinking of doing the same. Did you get autofold working? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club