Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Headlight Upgrade to LED Matrix

farrells

Hi Guys,

I've got a MK4 2019 Focus Titanium.

I want to upgrade my current halogen headlights to the Full Fixed LED matrix headlights (not the adaptive ones). The LED Matrix headlights are an option for this model but it didn't come as standard.

I've seen a set of these on eBay (Genuine Ford Headlights, not the aftermarket sets from China) and want to know if there is any modifications required to the car when fitting them or if they are just plug and play?

I've seen cars with these and they normally don't have the headlight level adjustment knob (in the middle of the headlight switch) but mine does as they are halogen, would this be a problem?

I'm really hoping that I can just pull the existing headlights out and pop the full led headlight in and done.

Has anybody done this already, would be appreciated to know.

I’d like to do this to my Mk4 ST Line X but I don't know wether you’d need to change anything else.

You need the camera assembly and suspension angle/tilt/load sensors for these. Also headlight washers, probably a controller module for it all. 

Can an authorized ford garage replace my halogen standard headlight for the full LED headlight (not adaptive)? And if they can, do you know how much it would cost approx.?

11 hours ago, alexp999 said:

You need the camera assembly and suspension angle/tilt/load sensors for these. Also headlight washers, probably a controller module for it all. 

Not for fixed LEDs only for Adaptive

Just now, DaveT70 said:

Not for fixed LEDs only for Adaptive

I read matrix ones in the OP and thought they wanted adaptive. 

I think the fixed ones might still need the tilt sensor. They do in the fiesta. 

Hi, they may not be plug and play as the wiring will be completely different.

You will need a wiring diagram to see where you need to re-pin the headlamp multi plug wires.

Once they are installed (if you manage it) you will need to change the configuration usin a program like ETIS to change from Halogen to fixed LED

Good luck

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the updates.

I went into my Dealership this morning to see if they could confirm for me and wasnt able to get a clear confirmation from them.

They were not sure but suggested it probably wouldnt work, as above, the pin connections may not be the same and end up with only partial working or not at all.

I dont think they have ever been requested this before and I cant find anybody\anything on the internet that appears to have tried this (with Genuine Ford parts) either. I know my model (Titanium) did have these as an option, and its also possible to get them now in the ST Line spec as well but unclear on any changes required in FORSCAN or Wire Harness adapter or others.

I could get the aftermarked but these are not genuine and would invalidate my warranty as well, so I'll probably just leave it for now...... until someone else is a little braver than me and can confirm 100% on what and how to do it.

Thanks for all the help

• 3 weeks later...

I am also struggling with installing LED headlights over halogen. I've changed HCM, headlight switch, headlight level sensors are installed with all wiring so far.

Even with correct configuration,
-Everything is ok with DRL's.
Low beams are flickering
-No high beam. 

Still looking for a solution 🙂

• Confused 1

In hindsight I wish I’d paid the extra for full LEDs  factory fitted. They were really keen to sell them as in 3 years time I hand the car back , they’ve then got to sell a car with halogen lights. Nobody wants them now never mind in 2022. Lease company says “could have got them factory made, won’t authorise the work now even in a Ford dealership”. Sounds like it’s more than just a new headlight unit  🤷‍♂️ I too will be interested to hear. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a 2019 ST Line X 182 and was really disappointed to find it had basic lights front and back (yes - should have paid more attention when ordering).  I have changed to LEDs front and back and actually managed to do it at zero cost selling the old parts on eBay.  I got a set of rear LEDs for £300 on eBay which were a bit of a faff to fit as the outer LED strip isn't powered on the base install so I ran a supply from the boot-lid set which works 100% fine but took a couple of hours to run the cable in the trim, through the flexible conduit at the hinge - nothing difficult though.  

All ST Line X come with LED front as standard now (2020 on) and you can get them on eBay - not sure all the sellers are aware as the 2 that I picked up, the sellers didn't make a big deal about it.  They are about £300 each plus VAT from Ford but £60 - £120 each on eBay and I got £100 each for the old halogen lights.  Look for MX7B-13EO14-DC and 15-DC (Left and Right).  Front LEDs have no compatibility issues, same harness, 20 minute job and look so much better.  

Neither upgrades give a CanBus issue so no Forscan necessary.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just to update, I ended up getting a set of the 2020 Reflector LED headlight units, same as Daz19 above. I test fitted last night and no issues. I already have LED's on the back so its just the front I want to change.

Have posted pics and stuff on another thread in here: Retrofitting MY2020 Standard LED Headlights on Halogen Model

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 5:26 PM, kamilben said:

I am also struggling with installing LED headlights over halogen. I've changed HCM, headlight switch, headlight level sensors are installed with all wiring so far.

Even with correct configuration,
-Everything is ok with DRL's.
Low beams are flickering
-No high beam. 

Still looking for a solution 🙂

I have the same problem, had a solution ?

I need the vbf files of BCM, if anyone has an ucds and led headlight in his car, would you please share the info ? (We don’t have fixed dss led car in Turkey)
Thanks for everyone...

• 2 years later...

Anyone got any updates with this? Got a 2019 ST-Line X and like some had said the halogens are just feeling a bit outdated on it 

10 hours ago, Casspp said:

Anyone got any updates with this? Got a 2019 ST-Line X and like some had said the halogens are just feeling a bit outdated on it 

The easiest option is to by the improved 2020 LED reflector headlamps, they're just plug and play

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club