Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Front camera malfunction - service required"

Jrelw

Bought a Fiesta ST Line X in June 2018, I was the first owner of the car and since an error message repeatedly appears on engine start up 

"Front camera malfunction - service required"

I have been going round in circles with the dealership and getting absolutely nowhere. From notifying the salesman of the error two days after purchase, repeated trips to the dealership and actually putting the car in for a service early when they claimed I never asked them to investigate the fault specifically.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had the issue before and how it might be resolved? 

Thanks

Is your front number plate covering the sensor ?

So you have been trying to get it fixed under warranty since June 2018? For over 2 years and they still haven't?

Have you booked the car in for the said fault? For our warranty work that needed doing they pick our car up and leave another for us until the fault is fixed.

If you have no joy, contact ford customer relations.

I wouldn't have left it 2 years to try to get a resolution to the fault.... 

Funnily enough, my ST Line X came up with this the other day briefly.  I can't see what the issue actually is as all the rain sensors, speed limit notification, lane assist, etc. are all working as they should.  I'll need to check next time I'm in the car, but I can't find any messages indicating it's still a problem or anything.

I'm not sure why they would be pushing back on it as it's clearly a warranty issue to check it out as a very minimum.

3 hours ago, Daggerit said:

I'm not sure why they would be pushing back on it as it's clearly a warranty issue to check it out as a very minimum.

Honestly, I'm never going with Arnold Clark again. Me and my partner ordered two 3 door fiestas to be delivered to the showroom, week later found out she was pregnant. They said we couldn't cancel one of the cars/change it for a 5 door which had yet to be delivered as it was already in transit, later found out this was BS.

Then when we tried to trade in early the manager tried to say I should think of my child's safety and it would be harder to get him out in a 3 door if we were in a crash, saying this as the car had £2k negative equity on it and we were obviously not wanting to go ahead with that.

1 hour ago, Jrelw said:

Honestly, I'm never going with Arnold Clark again. Me and my partner ordered two 3 door fiestas to be delivered to the showroom, week later found out she was pregnant. They said we couldn't cancel one of the cars/change it for a 5 door which had yet to be delivered as it was already in transit, later found out this was BS.

Then when we tried to trade in early the manager tried to say I should think of my child's safety and it would be harder to get him out in a 3 door if we were in a crash, saying this as the car had £2k negative equity on it and we were obviously not wanting to go ahead with that.

Wow, they sound like total scammers...  If they told you that you couldn't change or cancel your order in an email I imagine that would be enough to take to the small claims and get your money back since you were purposely misled about your consumer rights.

Take the car to a Ford dealer, not Arnold Clarke.

It's still under warranty, they'll fix it.

Just make sure you haven't got a stone chip on the camera area of the windscreen as that can cause a fault which would not be covered under warranty, also make sure your Wiper Blades are clearing correctly over the camera area as that can cause a fault as well.

• Like 1

Just make sure you haven't got a stone chip on the camera area of the windscreen as that can cause a fault which would not be covered under warranty, also make sure your wiper blades are clearing correctly over the camera area as that can cause a fault as well.

If it’s the same as where I am, Arnold Clark ARE the Ford dealer. Or one of the Ford dealers at least, thankfully I have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Daggerit said:

If it’s the same as where I am, Arnold Clark ARE the Ford dealer. Or one of the Ford dealers at least, thankfully I have options.

I wouldn't let Arnold Clarke change my Wiper Blades TBH.

Take it to a proper Ford dealer, main dealer if possible.

If you complain to Ford customer relations the first thing they will ask you to do is take it to another dealer to see if they can sort it.

33 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I wouldn't let Arnold Clarke change my wiper blades TBH.

Take it to a proper Ford dealer, main dealer if possible.

If you complain to Ford customer relations the first thing they will ask you to do is take it to another dealer to see if they can sort it.

Curious what you mean by a main dealer?  My local Ford dealership is an Arnold Clark owned site and is listed on ford.co.uk as being the official dealership closest to my house, is that different from a main dealer?

7 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Just make sure you haven't got a stone chip on the camera area of the windscreen as that can cause a fault which would not be covered under warranty, also make sure your wiper blades are clearing correctly over the camera area as that can cause a fault as well.

Cheers, 

Just checked and its definitely still under warranty. Think my only option at this point is to took it elsewhere. 

On 6/22/2020 at 4:03 AM, Mavroz said:

So you have been trying to get it fixed under warranty since June 2018? For over 2 years and they still haven't?

Have you booked the car in for the said fault? For our warranty work that needed doing they pick our car up and leave another for us until the fault is fixed.

If you have no joy, contact ford customer relations.

I wouldn't have left it 2 years to try to get a resolution to the fault.... 

I literally paid about £200 for them to service the car six months before it was due and they still didn't look into. I'm honestly at my wit's end with them.

I know two years isn't exactly ideal but there is zero public transport where we live and both need a car to get to work, so the times I have chased it up have been when I didn't need the car.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, Jrelw said:

I literally paid about £200 for them to service the car six months before it was due and they still didn't look into. I'm honestly at my wit's end with them.

I know two years isn't exactly ideal but there is zero public transport where we live and both need a car to get to work, so the times I have chased it up have been when I didn't need the car.

If it is warranty work they will loan you a car no problem. The work we have had done, they came to collect the car leaving a mk8 active for the Mrs to use until the car was returned.

When her car was returned, it had also been cleaned, inside and out.

• 11 months later...

I have also had the error - front camera malfunction service required come on to my brand new Ford Fiesta Ecoboost ST Line X after only having it for 5 weeks

Arnold Clark have now got my car until the part is delivered but have said it is to do with the Image Process Module

I have no idea how long they are going to have my car but i wasn't allowed to get it back until fixed!!! 

3 hours ago, Button said:

I have also had the error - front camera malfunction service required come on to my brand new Ford Fiesta Ecoboost ST Line X after only having it for 5 weeks

Arnold Clark have now got my car until the part is delivered but have said it is to do with the Image Process Module

I have no idea how long they are going to have my car but i wasn't allowed to get it back until fixed!!! 

I presume they have given you a like for like free courtesy car if the work being carried out is warranty work....

• 7 months later...

Wondering if you found the cause of this issue. Just started having the same problem with my 2013 ford Kuga

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club