Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Deals

JDC14

Hi all

Had my 18 plate FIesta ST line X for 2 years now and hoping to upgrade into a similar spec Focus.

I knew it would be expensive but have been quoted £340/month with a £250 deposit (with payment starting in Nov) and wondered if anyone had an advice/comparisons they could share to help me out? 

I’m currently paying £250 for the fiesta and was hoping to remain at or below the £300 mark if possible.

both models are 1.0 125ps ST Line X with no further add ons and deposit is there suggestion not mine.

Might need a bit more detail for folk to help you with this one. For example, are you talking HP, PCP or lease deals? Over what sort of period? How big a deposit are you prepared to put in? Any equity in your present vehicle?

Ford are offering 0% on certain models at present, so interest rate should not be an issue. In general, the way to bring the monthly payments down (apart from haggling a big discount)  is to put in a bigger deposit and vice versa. Normally, putting in a bigger deposit would lessen the interest you pay on the balance to be financed, but at present, with 0%, you pay no interest anyway so you may as well hang on to your cash as long as possible. This may be why the dealer suggested a small deposit. 

Different model I know, but as an example, looking at my local dealer today they are doing a Focus Active X Vignale 182ps automatic  on PCP for £299/month, but that's with £4922 down over 38 months with £11,210 final payment.

Course, sorry. 

it’s a PCP. 

36 months. Could do up to £2k deposit but lower the better. 6k miles pa. 

The value of the car was about £24k I think and he reckons my current PCP would be paid off by p/ex my car with no additional left. Didn’t expect there to be much but hoped there might be a little in that. 

happy to look at a pre-reg ( < 1 year old ) but not sure if the 0% deal applies to those and the difference in packs in each model (I.e. not sure if only 20 plates have the wireless charging and new sync for example)  

Use Carwow to get the best deal, then negotiate the trade in price with the best dealer.

Then just keep batting all the dealers off each other until you get the best deal. They are hard work though as some dealers will be a couple of thousands cheaper on the Focus than others but will offer low trade in prices, keep going!

It doesn't matter where in the country the best dealer is (price) you've only got to go there once. Once you own the car you can use your local dealer for servicing/warranty etc.

I live near West Bromwich and use the local dealer but bought the car from Congleton.

A Focus is considerably more expensive than a Fiesta though

It's also a buyers market at this point in time, so they'll be desperate for any kind of sale due to the lack of movement in the vehicle sales market the last few months. The industry has taken a massive hit, so you should be able to get some great deals if you push. Don't be afraid to walk away especially if you don't feel like you're getting what you want and you have a lot of dealers around you. This said, Ford hasn't shifted it's position that much compared to other manufacturers for deals.

Am I being unrealistic hoping to get into one for around £300 a month? 

im worried getting the fiesta at £250/month has skewed my view of what cars actually cost 😂

If I went for one up to a year old (e.g. a demo that’s already been hit by the first chunk of depreciation) id hope to pay less than 280

4 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Use Carwow to get the best deal, then negotiate the trade in price with the best dealer.

Then just keep batting all the dealers off each other until you get the best deal. They are hard work though as some dealers will be a couple of thousands cheaper on the Focus than others but will offer low trade in prices, keep going!

It doesn't matter where in the country the best dealer is (price) you've only got to go there once. Once you own the car you can use your local dealer for servicing/warranty etc.

I live near West Bromwich and use the local dealer but bought the car from Congleton.

A Focus is considerably more expensive than a Fiesta though

Just checked carwow and it only has Focus ST not the normal Focus

Only ST?

Nearly new isn't a bad idea as they can be fully loaded, especially if you get a Ford Manager's car.

Even on Privilege a 1.0 ST-Line X is about £260 down £260 per month on a 6000 mile deal if you're lucky 

[Deleted].

Just seen what privilege is 😂

Think I’m best waiting for a decent demo model to pop up.

22 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Only ST?

Nearly new isn't a bad idea as they can be fully loaded, especially if you get a Ford Manager's car.

Even on Privilege a 1.0 ST-Line X is about £260 down £260 per month on a 6000 mile deal if you're lucky 

Yes, no they don’t have Focus, or Focus ST Line. 

only Focus ST and Focus ST Estate

For the price of a Focus STLX you could be in a Fiesta ST-3?

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

For the price of a Focus STLX you could be in a Fiesta ST-3?

I need space rather than speed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club