Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mini Spare Wheel

AncientFordOwner

Being old and ancient I ordered a Titanium Automatic with everything apart from the tow bar this week. Having been forced off the road in Guernsey, on the way to the ferry home. On a Sunday evening it punched a inch wide hole in my tyre with zero chance of repair. I now only feel comfortable having a Mini Spare Wheel. My dealer said no problem and added £150 but said it will reduce the size of the mega box which is okay. Has anybody else been offered a Mini Spare Wheel or has one?

When I went in to the dealers to order my Puma I was all set to order the spare wheel as an add on option. When I asked the sales guy he laughingly said when was the last time I changed a tyre? Answer never, as a damsel in distress I'm always likely to call the RAC so that was that, the conversation never went any further. PS I didn't know there were automatics on the market?

I bet they didn’t use the same argument “when was the last time” when trying to sell you minor damage protection and gap insurance 😀 The 7 speed automatic appeared on the price lists last week and are now on the build and price calculator on the ford website. I have been impatiently waiting since last year!

I didn't fall for the gap insurance but did go for alloys and tyre protection as I am or was, always dinking the mini's alloys.😥. Didn't go for the paint and interior protector either, hope i don't live to regret it!

Ah they said the automatic versions  would follow at some point.

• 3 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 2:37 PM, LizP said:

I didn't fall for the gap insurance but did go for alloys and tyre protection as I am or was, always dinking the mini's alloys.😥. Didn't go for the paint and interior protector either, hope i don't live to regret it!

Ah they said the automatic versions  would follow at some point.

I'd opt for GAP insurance over those, but I wouldn't get any of it from Ford. Ala offer the same cover for under half the price. Alloy cover is always lovely to have, though!

Hi.

If it's of any help we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club