Being old and ancient I ordered a Titanium Automatic with everything apart from the tow bar this week. Having been forced off the road in Guernsey, on the way to the ferry home. On a Sunday evening it punched a inch wide hole in my tyre with zero chance of repair. I now only feel comfortable having a Mini Spare Wheel. My dealer said no problem and added £150 but said it will reduce the size of the mega box which is okay. Has anybody else been offered a Mini Spare Wheel or has one?

When I went in to the dealers to order my Puma I was all set to order the spare wheel as an add on option. When I asked the sales guy he laughingly said when was the last time I changed a tyre? Answer never, as a damsel in distress I'm always likely to call the RAC so that was that, the conversation never went any further. PS I didn't know there were automatics on the market?

I bet they didn’t use the same argument “when was the last time” when trying to sell you minor damage protection and gap insurance 😀 The 7 speed automatic appeared on the price lists last week and are now on the build and price calculator on the ford website. I have been impatiently waiting since last year!

I didn't fall for the gap insurance but did go for alloys and tyre protection as I am or was, always dinking the mini's alloys.😥. Didn't go for the paint and interior protector either, hope i don't live to regret it!

Ah they said the automatic versions  would follow at some point.