Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Please Before I Just Blow The Car UP!

lisa.nash92

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, still new to the site. I've a 2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI, bought private and days after buying the engine management light came on, plugged into FORScan and had code P2002, (Diesel particulate filter below threshold bank 1). I've replaced the hoses from the DPF to the DPS as they were shot, cleared the code but within days its back, now this is where things become interesting, I checked the differential pressure over the DPF with FORScan and my reading was 0.0kpa regardless of rpms ect, so I replaced it with an honestly cheap aftermarket part, which gave me a brief low reading BEFORE I reset the values through FORScan (I did forget I needed to 'relearn' the new sensor so drove the car for maybe 10miles), once I'd 'relearned' it though I had no readings and the car kept giving me an 'engine malfunction' warning on my display and 2 DTC's, my usual p2002 and a new p2454 (particulate filter pressure sensor A circuit low). So I purchased a genuine sensor and following other advise I've managed to glean offline, I've fitted that, relearned that to the ECU, reset the values of the DPF (Having done a forced regen) which has got me back to no engine malfunction warning and has gotten rid of P2454 code but I'm still stuck with P2002, If anyone could please point me in a direction to look at I'd be grateful because this car is turning into the biggest headache and project car! Thanks in advance!  

Has the DPF possibly been stripped out?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Has the DPF possibly been stripped out?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

May sound really stupid but how would I know if that's the case? 🤦 I'd assumed since it successfully completed a forced static regen (automatically boosted revs for a good 20 mins, stank out the tail pipe ect and then into the cooling with the fans for the remainder) that it must have all the guts inside the DPF? Or could it still have been stripped? Thanks for the reply, pulling my hair out with this motor 😅

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club