Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo 2008 TDCI

Edwards252

Hi

i recently bought a ford Mondeo zetec tdci and after a week the service oil light came on followed by engine malfunction. The dealer insisited that it’s been serviced and as it’s running well they decided it’s fine and reset the warning lights. It’s now come on again but they seem to have no idea what it is. I am taking it back to them on Monday but I’m wondering what it could be? When idling there seems to be a strong smell of exhaust fumes and when I try to set off in first gear it seems to stall if I don’t give it plenty of revs. any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

What engine size? What fault codes were showing when engine malfunction light was on, as shown on the fault code reader  that was used to reset 

11 hours ago, Edwards252 said:

Hi

i recently bought a ford Mondeo zetec tdci and after a week the service oil light came on followed by engine malfunction. The dealer insisited that it’s been serviced and as it’s running well they decided it’s fine and reset the warning lights. It’s now come on again but they seem to have no idea what it is. I am taking it back to them on Monday but I’m wondering what it could be? When idling there seems to be a strong smell of exhaust fumes and when I try to set off in first gear it seems to stall if I don’t give it plenty of revs. any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

Sounds like a problem with the DPF perhaps its blocked 

The DPF is a honeycomb style large filter which I'd positioned below the turbo under the engine bay and is part of the exhaust system; catches carbon from the exhaust fumes, they tend to give alot of trouble and block up if driven on alot of short journeys. 

2 hours ago, isetta said:

What engine size? What fault codes were showing when engine malfunction light was on, as shown on the fault code reader  that was used to reset 

2.0 and he said nothing was coming up but he said his code reader wasn’t the best so he’s taking it to another garage. Just want it sorting now it’s doing my head in.

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Sounds like a problem with the DPF perhaps its blocked 

The DPF is a honeycomb style large filter which I'd positioned below the turbo under the engine bay and is part of the exhaust system; catches carbon from the exhaust fumes, they tend to give alot of trouble and block up if driven on alot of short journeys. 

It does sound possible and it does seem to be drinking diesel really fast would that be possible for a dpf problem? 

3 minutes ago, Edwards252 said:

It does sound possible and it does seem to be drinking diesel really fast would that be possible for a dpf problem? 

The first generation of DPF which yours would be using;

Used some Diesel aswell as eloys fluid to ignite itself inside every now and then to dissolve the carbon; if it's trying to regenerate then it will dump fuel alot, the garage can force regeneration via computer.

Could be leaking injector but that would smell all of the time and fuel would be visible on top of the engine 

42 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The first generation of DPF which yours would be using;

Used some Diesel aswell as eloys fluid to ignite itself inside every now and then to dissolve the carbon; if it's trying to regenerate then it will dump fuel alot, the garage can force regeneration via computer.

Could be leaking injector but that would smell all of the time and fuel would be visible on top of the engine 

Thanks for you help much appreciated 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club