Do Not Sell My Personal Information

help! uneven tyre wear

TheStig

hi, both rear tyres have uneven wear,round the inside of the tyres but still well in the legal limit,hope its not the subframe bushes everyone keeps going on about??????or might it be tracking????? thanx in advance.

this is a common problem with tyres thet are not the origanal fitment on the mondeo (eg upgrading from 16inch to18inch) it can upset the camber which is not adjustable on the rear unless adjusters are fitted, get an alignement check to eliminate any problems that might be there.if the bushes were shot you would here a knocking over bumps

this is a common problem with tyres thet are not the origanal fitment on the mondeo (eg upgrading from 16inch to18inch) it can upset the camber which is not adjustable on the rear unless adjusters are fitted, get an alignement check to eliminate any problems that might be there.if the bushes were shot you would here a knocking over bumps

these are 16 inch,205/55 r16 v standard,no knocking so hopefully the bushes have more life in them,are the bushes easy to c from under car?to check condition?will be getting it in soon to have the alignement checked.

just been on the net reading up on it, about fitting powerflex bushes maybe a better idea to get these in before the old ford ones weld themselves in? as its a job i would take up myself,would be a lot easier?alot of people say the old ford ones dont last long at all?????

for powerflex bushes fitting check this out

http://www.rwtsuspensionsolutions.co.uk/mainhome.htm

and click the fitting guide,going back to your tyres i presume you have the correct pressure in them and they are not underinflated ?

i forgot to say about that,a day after i got the car i checked the levels etc etc,but both rear tyres was down in pressure something like 23 ibf/in should be 31 but i thought this would cause wear on inner and outer side of tyre??? seen the powerflex fitting guide etc etc,thanx 4 reply.

under inflation causes wear on the outside,over inflation causes wear on the middle

under inflation causes wear on the outside,over inflation causes wear on the middle

so its not tyre pressures?u mean both outer edges of tyre with under inflation?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club