Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen Washer Jets - Adjustment

CombTech

Hi, I have a 2017 S-Max Vignale and there doesn't appear to be any way of adjusting the jets so they hit the windscreen and not wash the roof. On other cars I have had its been possible to adjust using a pin as there was a narrow pipe that could be adjusted to direct the jet.

Is it possible to adjust the heated washer jets?

Mist jets have fixed internals, they can't be adjusted.  If it's hitting the roof I'd suggest driving faster! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

No, I have heard on MK2 they are a unit that will warp over time due to the engine heat, so only effective at speed. You should be able to have them changed under warranty if they are missing the screen

• 11 months later...

Just found this and I'm having this exact same issue. Fine when driving on motorway lol but at 30mph it's pretty useless. 

• 10 months later...

Good eve all , my mist jet pattern (Mk3 Focus Zetec) recently appears to be lopsided on the passenger side , so if/since the mist jets aren't adjustable I gotta ask , what is it goes wrong to necessitate adjustment (that's not possible to do) 

Cheers all . 

I think I would go to a scrappy, and get some twin jet "Jet Washers" that I can adjust with a pin, and swap them out.....

Not very helpful I know....

• Like 1

They get tiny little particles of dirt trapped in the jet, very difficult to clean. I know I've just had to do the mist jet on my MK4 Focus.

I had to remove the jet then while running it under the tap with warm water, I used an old tooth brush. Found that using 'stabbing' motions with the bristles in to the front of the jet for a few minutes seemed to eventually clear it. Had to do it twice before normal service was restored.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

They get tiny little particles of dirt trapped in the jet, very difficult to clean. I know I've just had to do the mist jet on my MK4 Focus.

I had to remove the jet then while running it under the tap with warm water, I used an old tooth brush. Found that using 'stabbing' motions with the bristles in to the front of the jet for a few minutes seemed to eventually clear it. Had to do it twice before normal service was restored.

Cheers Unofix , I'll keep that in mind , speaking of Mk4s I still see the weather strip round the doors hanging off (I've had it n fixed it) on a couple of hatchbacks I've seen locally . Oh the niggly bits and costcutting ! 

Mixed feelings on the overall shape and profile of the Turnier Active . 

• Like 1

Weather strip is hanging off my drivers door (again). Another little job to do 

17 hours ago, unofix said:

Weather strip is hanging off my drivers door (again). Another little job to do 

Re. weather strip , with the experience of trial and error I found it's best to just clean of the residue with some 'Stickystuff' as I hadn't previously given much thought to the doublesided tape they used in the factory (great outdoor adhesive qualities , not !) and used some Sikaflex , first time using it and the strip's not stirred in almost 12months now  .

Tigerseal's also a great problem solver in that respect . 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evenin all , an update on my lopsided windscreen washer mist jets ...I discovered this late this eve that they've just been sitting in their respective driver/passenger side position with nothing holding them firmly to the bonnet as they should . Got no idea how or for how long this has been as I've been washing and waxed the car twice over this May . 

Thinking I'll go back to the old adjustable type if there's a suitable Ford alternative . 

See my post !

If you want a pair, let me know !

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Rang Ford up and got a price of £28.09 each inc vat. For my SMAX, might try popping them out and give them a clean with a toothbrush! 

On 5/13/2022 at 11:36 PM, unofix said:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club