Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB

Gymfocused

Hi all, i hope you are all staying safe!

I have just installed a DAB sony h/u in place of the std version. It's picking up the radio and playing cd's fine. I am running it through a harness as i have a small amp in the glovebox, which was used with the other h/u just fine. Now i find the steering wheel controls are no longer working. Can anyone please help?

I am referring to the oem units and not aftermarket. Thanks for looking.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-II-MK2-1-6-TDCi-CAR-STEREO-RADIO-VP6M2F-18C821-AG-CODE/313116423687?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Have you bypassed any of the plugs in the quadlock connector when splicing the loom?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Have you bypassed any of the plugs in the quadlock connector when splicing the loom?

Hi m8, i'll try and find the link to the eBay harness i bought now. It was a simple plug and play setup so i could run a small D class amp in the glovebox. This was all working fine with the old sony unit. 

Here is the harness i bought

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401618325227?ul_noapp=true

So I take it that the small blocks on the original connector now are disconnected?

6efda2c0b1ef22316a1b583c12006efe.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

6efda2c0b1ef22316a1b583c12006efe.jpg

Hi. Not to my knowledge Stoney. The quad connector for the car is routed through the above harness. All i have done is change over the h/u. I couldnt see any disconnected cables when i took a look earlier but, i'll take another look later. It's just annoying as this is my second attempt at a DAB unit. The first unit i bought for cheap didn't have sound, which i thought would be fixed with an external amp. The only thing i've done is plug the quad lock from the harness to the dab unit. 

all the pin outs are listed here

So are the two lower 12 pin blocks actually connected to anything on the loom adaptor or did you remove them and attach to the adaptor socket on the radio?

A photo of the way the looms are connected may be beneficial here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club