N2S6I

Blue GPS Fakra Connector Location?

Hi everyone,

Recently got the 'No GPS' Issue for my Sat Nav (Ford Focus 1.6 Titanium, 64 plate). After doing some research I saw that the GPS Connector could be replaced, for example with this fakra cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-Receiver-Transmitter-Magnetic-Navigation/dp/B07P716QYK/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=blue+fakra&qid=1593344636&sr=8-8

However I'm struggling to find where I actually connect the thing. I took out the head unit and I assumed it would be in the back of the stereo unit, however there are 2 Fakra connections, one white and one black. I can't see any blue port.

Am I looking in completely the wrong place?

focus_stereo.jpg

On the sync 2 the GPS is connected in with the Cambus. That's to say, there is no separate connection it just is in with the 54 pin connector into the back of the display unit. I'm not sure about the sync 3 though. Do you know if you have sync2 or sync 3? 

55 minutes ago, Typhoonf2 said:

The blue fakra plug is on the back of the radio screen.

Do you mean the 4" display?

1 hour ago, Nathan Buffery said:

On the sync 2 the GPS is connected in with the Cambus. That's to say, there is no separate connection it just is in with the 54 pin connector into the back of the display unit. I'm not sure about the sync 3 though. Do you know if you have sync2 or sync 3? 

Sync 2 I believe - this is the unit:

focus2.jpg

focus1.jpg

28 minutes ago, N2S6I said:

Sync 2 I believe - this is the unit:

Not a sync 2 or 3. Maybe a sync 1. I would of thought the GPS would still be on the Cambus system though.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, Nathan Buffery said:

It says in your profile you have a Mondeo?

Ahh my mistake it should be Focus. 

in any case thank you both, I guess I should have removed the whole unit before asking! All fitted and now receiving GPS connections.