Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blue GPS Fakra Connector Location?

N2S6I

Hi everyone,

Recently got the 'No GPS' Issue for my Sat Nav (Ford Focus 1.6 Titanium, 64 plate). After doing some research I saw that the GPS Connector could be replaced, for example with this fakra cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-Receiver-Transmitter-Magnetic-Navigation/dp/B07P716QYK/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=blue+fakra&qid=1593344636&sr=8-8

However I'm struggling to find where I actually connect the thing. I took out the head unit and I assumed it would be in the back of the stereo unit, however there are 2 Fakra connections, one white and one black. I can't see any blue port.

Am I looking in completely the wrong place?

focus_stereo.jpg

On the sync 2 the GPS is connected in with the Cambus. That's to say, there is no separate connection it just is in with the 54 pin connector into the back of the display unit. I'm not sure about the sync 3 though. Do you know if you have sync2 or sync 3? 

The blue fakra plug is on the back of the radio screen.

55 minutes ago, Typhoonf2 said:

The blue fakra plug is on the back of the radio screen.

Do you mean the 4" display?

1 hour ago, Nathan Buffery said:

On the sync 2 the GPS is connected in with the Cambus. That's to say, there is no separate connection it just is in with the 54 pin connector into the back of the display unit. I'm not sure about the sync 3 though. Do you know if you have sync2 or sync 3? 

Sync 2 I believe - this is the unit:

focus2.jpg

focus1.jpg

28 minutes ago, N2S6I said:

Sync 2 I believe - this is the unit:

Not a sync 2 or 3. Maybe a sync 1. I would of thought the GPS would still be on the Cambus system though.

It’s on the back of the radio screen.

59EC2173-C14D-4478-B006-2FE992D74216.png

It says in your profile you have a Mondeo?

On 6/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, Nathan Buffery said:

It says in your profile you have a Mondeo?

Ahh my mistake it should be Focus. 

in any case thank you both, I guess I should have removed the whole unit before asking! All fitted and now receiving GPS connections. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone

Sorry to restart the topic. Can anyone help me..

I have a sync2 upgrade done (no sync before). I have the navigation function in symc but its not working. Im assuming that i DONT have a gps in my car. Its a Focus station from 2012.

Can anyone help me where i should connect the blue fakra connector as indont have any empty slot in my APIM or acm..

Many thanks in advance people!

How do you know that it has the SatNav function ?

If you don't have a socket for the satnav blue fakra connector you may just have the standard Sync2 unit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, unofix said:

How do you know that it has the SatNav function ?

If you don't have a socket for the satnav blue fakra connector you may just have the standard Sync2 unit.

I was under the impression that all Sync 2 units had the necessary GPS hardware but differed on memory/installed software.

Because i bhought the sync from a guy who had satnav in his Ford. But i cannot figure out where i put the blue fakra. Of any other gps module .. 😞

So is there anyone who can help me?

Your help is very well appreciated 

can you post a few photos on the units that you have ?

photos of the screen/head unit and photos of the APIM would probably help. Do you have any part numbers so we can identify the exact units that you have ?

Hello,

Ive got these in my car. I can you do something with it? If you need more info let me know.

IMG-20230826-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20230826-WA0016.jpg

Thank you for the photos. You should have 2 fakra sockets on the rear of the APIM unit

The BLUE socket should be on the rear of the display screen 'OR' there is no blue socket and the GPS signal is fed directly in to the 54pin socket on the APIM.

Fakra socket.JPG

sockets.JPG

I do have the 2 fakra white and black, but those are in the ACM.

Do you have any idea which pin numbers i need?

• Like 1

This is the full wiring schematic for a 2010 Focus. Open with adobe and search GPS. You will find the details on pages 107 and 110

Focus EU_C307 2010.pdf

Thanks mate, but is this also works for my ford from 2012? As i dont see anything about the APIM. (I could be wrong)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club