Sign in to follow this  
F0CUE

Mk3 pre facelift

I noticed when I try to do 3 point turns when turning the wheel when the car is stationary there is a creak in the rear passenger side. This used to happen on the MK2 as well which I had replaced the shocks, mounts and swaybar links and it still done it. When driving around and turning it doesn't happen. What the heck can it be 😂 

No, we all drive properly without dry steering! :tongue:  

Seriously though, it's not likely to be anything faulty so I wouldn't bother chasing it.  Mine creaks when I get in sometimes, never does it on the move though, can only be the handbrake slipping a little or rear arb/wishbone bushes creaking I think.  

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No, we all drive properly without dry steering! :tongue:  

Seriously though, it's not likely to be anything faulty so I wouldn't bother chasing it.  Mine creaks when I get in sometimes, never does it on the move though, can only be the handbrake slipping a little or rear arb/wishbone bushes creaking I think.  

Sometimes I have no choice to dry steer when mongals Park as their home parking space in a turning area of a dead end road at the end of my mother in laws Street so annoying 😂