Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto locking

Kerry77

Hi I've just purchased a new st line ans was wondering if it has automatic locking? 

My Citroen auto locked once I got over 10bmph. 

I'd really like it on this one. I've looked at videos but it doesn't work. They're all older cars. 

Tia

It is possible, but you have to use Forscan. Pretty useless 'feature' though, it just gets in the way more than it helps.

Ahh thats a shame. 

Thank you 😊

I use it. It auto locks at 15 mph and to unlock you just pull the handle not sure how it "get in the way" as you have to pull the handle to open the door anyway.  If you stop mid journey to pick someone up just push the lock button and they can let themselves in drive off and it auto locks again at 15 mph. 

I would love autolocking, it's only disabled due to some daft EU rule.

If we are talking useless features I'd love to get rid of collission "assist" which seems to bong every time a flea lands 15 miles away.  😀

Does the New Fiesta not come with a door lock button on the door itself like the Mk4 Focus has ? 

4 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I would love autolocking, it's only disabled due to some daft EU rule.

If we are talking useless features I'd love to get rid of collission "assist" which seems to bong every time a flea lands 15 miles away.  😀

It's there, you've just got to activate it using Forscan or similar, you can switch off collision assist too but I wouldn't recommend it, that might invalidate your insurance.

Have you set it to the lowest sensitivity? 

It's not expensive to activate autolocking and there's plenty of people on here to talk you through it

There's a left-hand corner in the road where there is a slot for cars turning right.  If a car is in that slot my collision assist goes off as I approach the bend as it is a dumb, stupid machine.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

It's there, you've just got to activate it using Forscan or similar, you can switch off collision assist too but I wouldn't recommend it, that might invalidate your insurance.

Have you set it to the lowest sensitivity? 

It's not expensive to activate autolocking and there's plenty of people on here to talk you through it

So what is forscan?? I'm so dumb at all this stuff 

Free software, you can view error codes, and program options. 

https://forscan.org/download.html

You need a decent odb cable, I have this one:

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

Allows me to read both the systems on the Focus and Fiesta.

Worth the 18 quid just to be able to read error codes I would say.

26 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Free software, you can view error codes, and program options. 

https://forscan.org/download.html

You need a decent odb cable, I have this one:

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

Allows me to read both the systems on the Focus and Fiesta.

Worth the 18 quid just to be able to read error codes I would say.

Oh wow. OK. Thank you 😊

Hi really interested in this too. Forscan I have never used this. Can I use forscan lite or does this need to be via a laptop if so can you recommend a usb obdscanner

I have got a obdlink lx at the moment. 

Also what else can forscan do apart from show codes and change the auto locking. Also is it easy to do or is it all coding? 

You can get a WiFi tunnelrat I think.  Forscan reprogramming is via codes but there is a lot of info on the forscan forum

11 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

You can get a WiFi tunnelrat I think.  Forscan reprogramming is via codes but there is a lot of info on the forscan forum

A lot of the easy stuff, like autolocking, is activated using simple drop down boxes changing disabled to enabled 

• Like 1

I didnt see that, might need to update my version

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club