Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Problem. Too many devices, but can't unbond

Couto710

I have an issue with my 2012 Focus mk3. Bear in mind that I bought the car used so I don't know how many phones were connected previously. When I go to the Phone menu, it says that there are no devices bonded (which is normal since i never connected one), and I can see the Ford Audio on my phone's bluetooth menu. When i try to connect, the car says that there are too many devices bonded and that I need to debond some, which is odd because there were no phones bonded. When i click Unbond, it searches for devices to unbond, but at some point it just gives up and returns to the radio menu like nothing happened. So basically, there are no bonded phones, but when i try to bond it tells me that there are too many, but when i try to debond, there are none again.  I already removed the audio info system fuse and placed it back, already disconnected the battery and even though it resetted some info like medium speeds, the radio still remembers everything. I don't think the audio system is Ford Sync, I don't see the word Sync anywhere, not on the car and not on the screen, I believe it's older than Sync. There's no reset option on the menus. I don't know what else to do. There's some posts around about a firmware update, but when it comes to the Focus, it's only supposed to work on cars up to January 2012, and mine is from May, so I'm not sure it would work, but I'd be willing to try if I was certain it wouldn't break anything (like if it knew it wasn't supposed to run, it wouldn't run). Can anyone help? Thanks

• 2 years later...

@Couto710 last visited the forum 28th July 2020.

They were last seen throwing a new mobile phone in the river before allegedly setting fire to a Focus muttering something about bondage !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club