Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sync 3 Map Update updates BUT doesn't update!

Steveie d

I've upgraded my 2015 Focus sync 2 to sync 3 having bought a second hand apim and screen. All working great. The Apim was on sync 2.1 so I updated the sync to sync 3.0 using the donor car VIN. I then adjusted the file with the donor cars VIN and sent it to ford website. It then correctly offered a map update as It was on the bulk standard F6.1. It downloaded the update and I unzipped it to the USB and applied it ton the car. After 40 minutes it said update complete and remove USB. I then locked the car for 5 minutes and then checked the maps. STILL F6.1! I again tried the USB stick but after a few mins said update complete! So it says update complete but doesn't show on the about screen! Any ideas?

Try leaving it locked for longer. 15-30 mins. 

If still not after that force restart sync. 

I did this a few days ago so it's been locked for over 12hours! I've also master reset. How do you force a sync restart? I'm baffled by this! All other updating worked perfectly! Also no upload file created on USB for the ford site

You hold the physical eject and skip forwards. Or hold both skip forward physical buttons on the HU and steering wheel if you don’t have an eject button. 

That enters the diagnostic pages rather than restart

Try holding power button and skip forwards instead. 

Power and skip, restarted but still says F6.1. It's adamant that's what's installed but I've updated it with the latest download from ford sync site and if I try again it says update complete, but still sit on the original

Are you sure you are using the correct maps for that version of sync? What does it say in the auto install file. And what version of sync are you running?

Top pic, sync and nav version, next pic ford sync website showing update, next root file of usb, next contents of sync my ride file. ONLY thing I can think of is does the update somewhere store the intended VIN number, ie donor car, as my sync from the donor car now shows my VIN, hence when I updated sync, I had to edit the file To send back to ford with the donor cars VIN in order for it to offer the map update. (The sync made the file with my cars VIN as that's what its connected to now, and my car is too old for free updates!) 

20200629_130924.jpg

20200629_131115.jpg

20200629_131131.jpg

20200629_131143.jpg

The build number seems to be missing from sync. 

Where it says the word build should be a version number. 

I took the pic before build loaded!

20200629_133331.jpg

I've got map version f8

5 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

I've got map version f8

That's the point! This is AFTER I applied the downloaded update from the ford site and the car said it was successful! It still shows as the old version! Anyone know why? What's gone wrong?

There is no map file in those files.

14G422 is Voice

14G423 is Gracenotes

Whats the content of the autoinstall file? Open it with notepad.

8 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

There is no map file in those files.

14G422 is Voice

14G423 is Gracenotes

Whats the content of the autoinstall file? Open it with notepad.

20200629_144140.jpg

I wonder if you’ll have to wait for the next part. 

There is no map update. But the files are the F8 nav voice. 

Maybe when the server registers the voice update it will give you the map file. 

14G421 will be the map. 

Thanks. How do I make the system know I've applied what I have? There is no file to download to the site!

The sync website has a link to the tool to make the xml somewhere on the update page. 

I've uploaded the file having found how to make 1, it now says maps up to date! Of course I'm only on 6.1!

20200629_152344.jpg

It can take a little time for the server to offer the next file. 

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Superb! Thanks alex999 for your help!!!! I was very confused but at least you know the map files! I'd just assumed what I'd downloaded was the map file! Remember reading can take a week now!

3 hours ago, Steveie d said:

That's the point! This is AFTER I applied the downloaded update from the ford site and the car said it was successful! It still shows as the old version! Anyone know why? What's gone wrong?

Maybe I've got f8 because mines a bit newer 67 plate but registerd in 2018

On 6/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, alexp999 said:

Today the map update was offered, so superb! F9 installed. Problem solved. Thanks for the help, needs a sync update to 3.0 then it says a map update, but its not updating the map itself, once uploaded to ford servers it seems it's 48 hours, then the actual map is offered!

• 2 weeks later...
S.gif

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update order! We know you are excited to install the new 2020 Navigation Map Update and begin enjoying all the new features. Unfortunately, your order was identified as receiving the old license file as part of the new update. As a result we are providing a simple solution for you to receive the new license file:

1)    If you placed an order on the website to Download the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update, please do the following:

1. Close any old browser pages (Internet Explorer, Google, etc.) you may have open from the previous Download/Order Complete page
  2. Return to your Order Complete page (the link is available in the Order Confirmation email you received after you placed the order to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update)
  3. Once you are on your Order Complete page, you have two options:
  • OPTION 1 - Perform the original download again using the instructions in the #1 Orange box)
  1. Download the Map and License files from the #2 and #3 Orange boxes
  2. Follow the original instructions you used for your previous order
  • OPTION 2 – Download the new License file only and update your current USB
  1. Click on the #3 Orange Download License file box to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update file
  2. Insert your USB into the computer
  3. Find the SyncMyRide directory and double-click on the folder
  4. Find the old license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CD or 4U5T-14G424-CB and delete it from the SyncMyRide folder
  5. Add the new downloaded license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CE or 4U5T-14G424-CC, to the SyncMyRide folder

2)    If you placed an order on the website for a Pre-loaded USB with the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update installed, you will receive a new USB in the mail soon. Once you receive the new USB, follow the instructions provided for installation.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a loyal Ford or Lincoln customer.

Best Regards,

The Customer service Team
S.gif

The entity you purchase this product from, along with the related fulfillment services provided, is ALOM located at 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539-7498 

I received this notice form Constant Contact. What I found is that in addition to the wrong License file being posted, the zip file does not put the necessary files and folders on the root of the USB drive when you extract files to Drive. You must manually copy those files to the root of the USB drive.

ALOM Technologies | 48105 Warm Springs Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539
Unsubscribe rmayo@cox.net
Update Profile | About Constant Contact
Sent by ford@call24.com in collaboration with
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.
Try email marketing for free today!

20 hours ago, rmayo said:
S.gif

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update order! We know you are excited to install the new 2020 Navigation Map Update and begin enjoying all the new features. Unfortunately, your order was identified as receiving the old license file as part of the new update. As a result we are providing a simple solution for you to receive the new license file:

1)    If you placed an order on the website to Download the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update, please do the following:

1. Close any old browser pages (Internet Explorer, Google, etc.) you may have open from the previous Download/Order Complete page
  2. Return to your Order Complete page (the link is available in the Order Confirmation email you received after you placed the order to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update)
  3. Once you are on your Order Complete page, you have two options:
  • OPTION 1 - Perform the original download again using the instructions in the #1 Orange box)
  1. Download the Map and License files from the #2 and #3 Orange boxes
  2. Follow the original instructions you used for your previous order
  • OPTION 2 – Download the new License file only and update your current USB
  1. Click on the #3 Orange Download License file box to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update file
  2. Insert your USB into the computer
  3. Find the SyncMyRide directory and double-click on the folder
  4. Find the old license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CD or 4U5T-14G424-CB and delete it from the SyncMyRide folder
  5. Add the new downloaded license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CE or 4U5T-14G424-CC, to the SyncMyRide folder

2)    If you placed an order on the website for a Pre-loaded USB with the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update installed, you will receive a new USB in the mail soon. Once you receive the new USB, follow the instructions provided for installation.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a loyal Ford or Lincoln customer.

Best Regards,

The Customer Service Team
S.gif

The entity you purchase this product from, along with the related fulfillment services provided, is ALOM located at 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539-7498 

I received this notice form Constant Contact. What I found is that in addition to the wrong License file being posted, the zip file does not put the necessary files and folders on the root of the USB drive when you extract files to Drive. You must manually copy those files to the root of the USB drive.

ALOM Technologies | 48105 Warm Springs Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539
Unsubscribe rmayo@cox.net
Update Profile | About Constant Contact
Sent by ford@call24.com in collaboration with
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.
Try email marketing for free today!

I was trying to work out the relevance of this post but I see that apparently in the USA  the map updates can be obtained from Ford on a USB stick. I did suggest this twice last year year to Ford UK when they were unable to provide F8 maps to me and others via the download site but was told it wasn't possible. Interesting?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club