Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

For tax renewed today?  

No just the website works fine. It states it can take upto 5 days for the records to be updated. At a guess I'd say that is probably longer at the moment due to recent months of coronavirus. 

You say you taxed it at the weekend, so you're within the 5 days anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

No just the website works fine. It states it can take upto 5 days for the records to be updated. At a guess I'd say that is probably longer at the moment due to recent months of coronavirus. 

You say you taxed it at the weekend, so you're within the 5 days anyway. 

Oh, I must have missed the 5 days...in fact, I still can't see it! :laugh:  Fair enough though, I'll just keep checking daily for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh, I must have missed the 5 days...in fact, I still can't see it! :laugh:  Fair enough though, I'll just keep checking daily for now.

Says on this website https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

Plus its 5 working days too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panic over, mines literally just updated at 10.18am!! :biggrin: 

My sisters is still showing as untaxed though, not sure which day she did hers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do know that the Police aren't over fussed by tax that is only just out, but they are interested in tax that is months out.

Try and keep proof of postage, and any other evidence of purchase and you should be alright.

DVLA systems do have a bit of a habit for not instantly updating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

mines still showing as un taxed

 

Have you got online banking?  Check to see if the money has come out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you got online banking?  Check to see if the money has come out yet.

i have and it hasnt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

i have and it hasnt

 

Strongly suggest you get this sorted ASAP. It's only a £80 fine (reduced to £40 if paid within 28 days) but no Tax almost always invalidates your insurance.

So, if you are caught driving the car a nasty police office could also do you for no insurance which is a much bigger fine and 6 points on your licence, which means your insurance costs will go up for years to come. And guess what, we have lots of nasty police officers in London.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carl123 said:

Strongly suggest you get this sorted ASAP. It's only a £80 fine (reduced to £40 if paid within 28 days) but no Tax almost always invalidates your insurance.

So, if you are caught driving the car a nasty police office could also do you for no insurance which is a much bigger fine and 6 points on your licence, which means your insurance costs will go up for years to come. And guess what, we have lots of nasty police officers in London.

as they have the v5 i cant do sod all i ring them they hang up because they too busy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.