Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Front Bumper issue

dynodan1uk

Hello 

Can anyone advise how the front bumper mounting bracket should be connected to the front bumper. 

Mine appears to be loose, i can see the painted straight lugs that push into the bracket but it wont hold, i wonder if some clips are missing or if the bracket should be screw fixed to the bracket. 

FF04.thumb.jpg.4a065742f959c8efc7bcd26f8ea9cbba.jpgFF03.thumb.jpg.d9ed054aeb00a922689221e9fc349d06.jpgFF02.thumb.jpg.81ab908ac976667bc8844de6d2a38e87.jpgFF01.thumb.jpg.8a54a3bfca17cf3d2450d2f9c2dfb79b.jpgFF05.thumb.jpg.2fea6ef7192de11368d343353e957a5c.jpg

You need to remove the headlight it's a strange clip that holds it in place that somebody has probably pushed in wrong like mines which was popping in and out. If you study the opposite side you will see the difference. 

Scratch that it's not the same part when studying the pictures more. 

unnamed (1).jpg

Hello 

Yes that it, I have seen the diagram but doesn't tell you how the support bracket trim (black section) connects to the bumper. wondered if it click fits or is screwed. 

4 minutes ago, dynodan1uk said:

Hello 

Yes that it, I have seen the diagram but doesn't tell you how the support bracket trim (black section) connects to the bumper. wondered if it click fits or is screwed. 

Not sure but no doubt somebody on here has fully removed theirs. 

Just now, F0CUE said:

Not sure but no doubt somebody on here has fully removed theirs. 

Thanks for the reply much appreciated. 

This part is the slampanel  cover , it is held on with clips that are on the bumper , all you do is push it home,   on the 3.5 theres a weather strip that runs across the gap 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club