Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the FordPass App just a trendy waste of time?

Linds

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

That Lada actually looks ok.  Remember it's not that long ago that people took the mick out of Skoda.

Yes, and Fords used to be known as "Dagenham Dustbins" but today they're premium quality vehicles with impressive technology that always works reliably😃

• Haha 4

If I had no family, no friends and no neighbours I’d consider a Dacia ..

• Haha 5

Lol, I heard the FM has just decreed you must wear masks so you'll be OK, no-one will know it's you anyway😃

• Haha 1

Maybe get a burqa 

• Haha 1

For anyone else whose Tyre Pressures have disappeared from the App I fixed mine by Force Stopping the App, clearing Cache and Data, then restarting my phone and logging in again with my original credentials.

The phone restart might not be required, but I like to do that after clearing data or uninstalling something.

It also fixed my Fuel Data, which also stopped working a few months ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

For anyone else whose Tyre Pressures have disappeared from the App I fixed mine by Force Stopping the App, clearing Cache and Data, then restarting my phone and logging in again with my original credentials.

The phone restart might not be required, but I like to do that after clearing data or uninstalling something.

It also fixed my Fuel Data, which also stopped working a few months ago. 

I’ve had no fuel data last 3 months. Still got everything else though. Are you android or Apple ?

What does force stop mean? And logging in again? Putting the vin number in again? 

*I just checked app , fuel report is there now. 😊

Edited by Alex.S
Checked app

I've had no fuel data since they started doing it.  I'm not sure I do enough miles to populate their database properly.

It’s telling me I’m getting 28.5 mpg. Car says 31.6 

the cost of fuel I think has to be set by the owner rather than the app knowing..

had a quick look on the app guide. Can’t see a simple fix if you’ve not had fuel report since you’ve had the car. 
low mileage tho....maybe..

5923126D-4C51-4CD2-BD5C-7196881E99F6.jpeg

Is applink just for cars that don’t have FordPass connect ? 

• 4 months later...

I collected a used 68 plate 1.5 diesel auto focus ST line X recently. I have linked the ford pass app to the car and can get all other functions mentioned above apart from remote start.

I have tried a modem factory reset in car and checked the remote start function is on through the steering wheel settings then re connected on the app. It locks and unlocks, when i hold start is says "Warning failed to start"

Called a couple of ford dealers who did not even know you could do this on an app, any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, s2good said:

I collected a used 68 plate 1.5 diesel auto focus ST line X recently. I have linked the ford pass app to the car and can get all other functions mentioned above apart from remote start.

I have tried a modem factory reset in car and checked the remote start function is on through the steering wheel settings then re connected on the app. It locks and unlocks, when i hold start is says "Warning failed to start"

Called a couple of ford dealers who did not even know you could do this on an app, any help would be appreciated.

Remote start only works with an automatic 

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Remote start only works with an automatic 

4 hours ago, s2good said:

It’s a computer thing. I see it is an auto..that helps! I had issues with the app to begin with. What u do when a computers not working? Off and on. My local dealership disconnected the battery , connected again....sorted. 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:17 PM, Guy Heaton said:

I think the real trouble is modern cars bore me senseless.  I can't be bothered with yet another gimmick. Yes I like the reliability of a new car but to get the most comfortable one with auto and a decent engine means I also end up with loads of things I couldn't care less about.

For example, I wanted rear camera for a specific reason, work car park with low posts.  But I cant get just a rear camera.  I get park assist I'll never, ever use.

I know, first world problems. 😀

Reliability is not a word I would associate with the Mk4 Focus not in my personal experience anyway☹️

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Mine's been fine, as have our two Fiesta mk 8.

Nice to hear that you have not had problems  I am disappointed with my MK4 Focus as I have had Ford's for 30 years but this one could well be my last.

Seeing this thread reappear, albeit that it doesn't appear to have remained focussed on the FordPass App, I thought I should come clean and admit that 5 months into owning my Focus Mk4 I do use the FordPass App and find it v useful indeed.  Far more comprehensive than I had imagined ... well done, Ford.

• Like 2

I've been using my app to warm my car up because its a 2 minute walk to the to secure car park from where I work ( had a nice warm seat tonight, as long as I remember to set everything to MAX in the morning before shutting the car off)

Its handy for checking tyre pressures before I go on a long journey, but mostly I use it to play 'top trumps' with another member of staff who thinks he has the better car 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The app is useful because it can lock/unlock your car (if correct spec), display warning messages, track your car, book services, call Ford roadside assistance, warn you if your alarm is activated, send pre-planned navigation routes from your phone & access owners handbooks and how-to guides.
Seems pretty useful to me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would think one of the best things about the app is the location tracking, I fact I may ask my insurance if there is any discount because of it next renewal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

I would think one of the best things about the app is the location tracking, I fact I may ask my insurance if there is any discount because of it next renewal.

A v good point that had not occurred to me.  My insurance is up for renewal now so I'll ask and let you know the outcome.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 8:45 AM, Linds said:

A v good point that had not occurred to me.  My insurance is up for renewal now so I'll ask and let you know the outcome.

Right I've had a word with my broker.  I explained that the FordPass app included location tracking - she admitted she was unaware of this but told me a check of manufacturer's security items/options made no reference to this app and it was therefore unlikely to fall within the definition of a "security tracker" that she could refer to insurers.  I was not able to press my argument because I know so little about the level of security actually provided.  Would it be straightforward for a thief (for example) to disconnect my app from the car.  She said that if I could let her have specific details about how it works and the security of the system she would look into it again.

She also said that bearing in mind my car is a Ford Focus, it is not worth much.  As such she doubts that, even if I could ask her to take account of the tracker, it would make any difference to the premium quoted (that put me in my place!! £20k+ is a lot of money to me!!!) 

• Sad 1

I was told more or less the same last year.

There arguments was "Its not a standalone tracker " and like you posted it's not on the security detail.

IIRC the insurers asked if the sim itself could be removed which if so would render the "Tracker" not fit for purpose. As a tracker when properly installed is placed in an unknown location on the vehicle unlike the Focus where I presume there all located in the same place ? 

• Thanks 1

It's an e-sim so can't be removed but possibly can be switched off in a menu.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can turn connectivity features off from the car menu.

• Like 1

Surely the tracking only works if you pay Voda for a sim package. I refuse to pay their extortionate prices.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club