Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3.5 headlight upgrade

Bilustunt@gmail.com

Hello everyone, I’ve upgraded my standard headlights to the ones with DRL stripe, is anyone able to help how to activate them ? I’ve got FORScan and the obd reader. Any help is much appreciated! 

29E671E8-8931-42A2-BF77-331E1240C7E8.jpeg

You set the mode to 05 - RH symmetry under DRL don't remember where exactly it is in Forscan as I did mine last year I think it's under the body module or central config. You'll notice the difference straight away as it goes from low power LEDs to full power when you use auto-lighting.

• Thanks 1

Nice one mate, thanks. I’m gonna do it all tomorrow, hopefully it does work. Anything else I should know or be careful of ? 

Ensure you do the back ups before hand, changing the DRL isn't too risky but having back ups is always a good idea just in case. Shouldn't take more than 10 min to do.

• Thanks 1

Alright understood. Will let you know the results tomorrow 🤞🏻 Thanks again. 

Little update, I have done it works! However, how could I make them as bright with the headlights on ? Because at the moment they’re bright on their own and as soon as I turn the lights on they’re not as bright ? Any ideas ? At the moment I’m running option 5

C355FE1A-E0D2-42FD-9BF7-B5C8DD569810.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Bilustunt@gmail.com said:

Little update, I have done it works! However, how could I make them as bright with the headlights on ? Because at the moment they’re bright on their own and as soon as I turn the lights on they’re not as bright ? Any ideas ? At the moment I’m running option 5

That's how they're meant to work.  They'd blind other drivers at night at full brightness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to all ! 

On 7/1/2020 at 7:42 PM, Bilustunt@gmail.com said:

Hello everyone, I’ve upgraded my standard headlights to the ones with DRL stripe, is anyone able to help how to activate them ? I’ve got FORScan and the obd reader. Any help is much appreciated! 

What model of focus have you got . I was looking to do something similar on a zetec 2015

Those are the Mk 3.5 Focus headlamps. They pop up quite regularly on eBay or sometimes through Fb groups.  The Mk 3 are more rounded, and I believe the LED strip is at the bottom.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:48 PM, g1zm0 said:

What model of focus have you got . I was looking to do something similar on a zetec 2015

I’ve got a 16 plate mk3.5 titanium I found the headlights on fb for 40 quid a pair

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, Bilustunt@gmail.com said:

Hi! I have the EU 2017 MK3.5 halogen headlights without the DRL stripe. and I would like to upgrade them with the DRL ones. Was that easy as plug n' play? You haven't found any various in the pins sockets between the old and the new headlights? It would be nice from you if you can list the Forscan steps you did as well 🙂 Cheers!