Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's only small but it is so irritating.

JanWebster

... I am talking about the little shelf that fits inside the armrest cubbyhole. It does not fit properly, particularly when the weather is warmer and the rubber softens slightly. What fraction of a penny would it cost Ford to correct such an obvious design-fault?

We have 2 cars with these in and don't have any issues with them?? I am presuming you mean the small removable tray?

Me neither, seems fine to me

Sad to say that mine has shrank. 

It no longer fits properly in the top part on the hanging bracket things but sort of drops down a little bit into the arm rest storage compartment. 

no biggie though, guess it must have shrunk under heat or something

2 hours ago, DG97 said:

Sad to say that mine has shrank. 

This is not a double entendre thread is it?😃

No, I find the tray a bit fiddly and easily knocked out of position. but rarely use the armrest cubby anyway, so not a big issue to me. I agree it hardly gives the impression of quality, though.

• Like 2

Have the same in the Focus.  It seems pointless.  If it is in you can't use the cubbyhole anyway.

I've not had mine shrink, but its just very fiddly and seems kind of pointless.

Steam it over a kettle or something, or preferentially a heat gun if you have one. Then you can stretch it sideways so its bigger than the gap, inevitably it will "shrink" a little but it should then stay on the little ledge. Had to do this as the tray had been pushed into the gab right at the bottom so was crushed beforehand.

Its the small things that are the most annoying, something so simple, they design a whole car but somehow make the tiny plastic tray out of some rubbish soft material.

2015 Focus, similar issue. Hotter weather seems to make it just maliable enough for it to not solidly hold on its 'rails', colder isn't an issue unless its been sat wrongly from heat, but its a real annoyance and it interferes with the way I route my phone cables.