Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacking & supporting a Mk7 Fiesta

wild_one

I need to do some work on the rear suspension and brakes of my 2009 3dr. I was wondering what the 'correct' method for lifting and supporting the car is?. On the odd times that I've had to lift the rear side of the car I have used the axle beam locating bracket to take the load (not happy with using the sill but I guess I could?).  I understand that the axle beam cannot by used to raise or support the vehicle. Ideally I would like to raise and support the rear so both sides are supported and both wheel can come off. I should also point out that it will be done in my front garden on concrete not in a garage, and using trolley jacks and axle stands?

:yes:

The back of the car is light enough to jack easily and safely on the jacking points, once raised you can get axle stands under easily enough. If I'm doing a long job I'll use wood block about 3" thick under the jack to raise it higher. 

Working with the back wheels raised leave it in reverse and chock the front wheels for safety.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club