Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ger's 2012 Focus Titanium 1.6 TDCi

geraintthomas

Hello!

Relatively new here so a little bit about myself - posted this in the New Members section but may as well put it here to start this thread with.

I currently own and love a Porsche Boxster S, which is my weekend car and my pride and joy:

G945KFal.jpg

7dgqFTYl.jpg

And for a very cheap daily car, I used to own (up until Monday) a VERY bog standard MK6 1.4 TDCi Fiesta Finesse. I.e. the very basic you can get, featuring wind up windows!

3yYKyp7l.jpg

Cw8GrfNl.jpg

But it only cost me £500, costs £30 a year tax, does 75mpg, has 207,000 miles on the clock and I've driven it from Cardiff to Winchester and back once (sometimes twice) a week whilst my girlfriend was in University there for almost two years, and it's been utterly flawless. I've made sure it's mechanically sound in the time I've used it. It's a perfect cheap runabout, but I fancied something a little nicer to drive every day. Something with more features to make the daily drive easier.

Which leads to now. To replace the Fiesta, I've bought this:

It's a 2012 Focus Titanium in white, with a 1.6 TDCi (115bhp) engine.

CC0xci2h.jpg

06QBJ01h.jpg

PLwG1ZDh.jpg

Q7fx7bHh.jpg

What a beautiful car.

Some of the options are:

- Parking sensors
- Adaptive cruise control with lane assist
- Traffic sign recognition system
- Sat nav
- BLIS (blind spot) system
- Privacy glass
- Titanium handling package

And lots of other bits and bobs that are probably standard on a Titanium? Not sure where to check.

The point of this car is to be a comfortably daily, to have a car that's as economical, comfortable and nice to drive as possible. Considering my weekend car is a 3.2 straight-6 Porsche, a diesel Mk3 Focus Titanium made sense as it's the polar opposite of that car, being a 5 door, lots of space, lots of driving aids, comfy, quiet and economical. Everything that the Porsche isn't!

The Focus has 136,000 on the clock, but I'm seriously not bothered about mileage. Most cars I own have more than 100,000 milage as I look for the mechanical condition, rather than a low mileage number that the owner or dealer likes to brag about. I do all of the mechanical work on cars myself, so it will be serviced regularly and very well looked after. The other reason I'm not bothered about the mileage is that it's got a new cam belt, clutch, and brakes, with full service history.

It had a few problems to start with. The stop/start, BLIS and parking sensors didn't work. 

I put them all down to a bad battery as this was the reading:

gJZ4wNGh.jpg

11.8v. Ouch! I replaced it today and cleared the module codes, and they all worked appart from the parking sensors. I've recently found that the parking sensor module is in the boot, right next to a water leak (the infamous boot vent leak). I can fix the leak and replace the module, so it's no biggie. Plus the dealier has said if I can't fix it then they'll happily repair and cover it. I'd rather do it as it's less of a hassle than taking it back.

I've got a few plans with it though, including upgrading the headlights to bi-xenon (doing the projector install myself), DRL's for the front, and possibly a Zetec S kit all round so that it looks as good as it drives. Not that it doesn't already look good.

I'll keep you all updated!

• Like 1

Parking sensors now work by themselves, which is odd. But I've heard a few people say that it took a while of driving after a new battery for things to settle.

I went to get the tracking done today but the track rod ends are completely and utterly seized. Nothing moved them, even with heat, so it'll need new ends fitting. Luckily the garage has said they'll cover it under the 3 month warranty that's on the car, so all good. It's not an expensive job anyway, I'd do it myself if it wasn't covered. 

• Like 1

Love the boxster. I hope to start working and save up for a cayman S in a few years. 

Look forward to the focus build. Any performance mods I'll find if interested as I have the same engine 👍

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, zain611 said:

Love the boxster. I hope to start working and save up for a cayman S in a few years. 

Look forward to the focus build. Any performance mods I'll find if interested as I have the same engine 👍

Thanks! The Boxster almost got sold as a lot went wrong with it, but after fixing everything I've fallen back in love with it. There's a lot that's been done to it, and a huge pistonhead thread on it (check the Readers Cars section, close to the top).

Today's job was to fix the boot leak. First off, bumper off. Surprisingly easy; two bolts beneath the rear lights, three screws in each wheel arch, and two plastic clips underneath. The bumper simply comes away.

I4BSdAwh.jpg

Here's a video showing the amount of water that was getting in. Unbelievable!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQb5GYubxcM

I cleaned the surrounding area and applied some sealant

QG5UKILh.jpg

yM22L9sh.jpg

Then re-installed the vents

hIvIJ6eh.jpg

Afterwards I put a little more sealant on top, then smoothed it with my thumb so it's nice and clean, with no chance of gaps. Though I did forget to take a photo of this!

Next up, track rod ends. I'll see if I can get the garage to change my track rod ends in the coming week so that I can finally adjust the tracking. Not that I can't change them myself, but apparently they're covering it on warranty. Plus they're going to have to be cut off, so I'd rather the safety of knowing that it'll be done properly.

• Like 1

Ordered somestuff to sort out some minor niggles with the car.

RimBlades in Silver - £30. I had the wheels on the Porsche refurbished/powdercoated, but this car is a daily that I'll be doing a lot of miles in, and could possible get curbed again easily. These just hide the curb marks and just stick on. They're silver and wouldn't be that bad on the current wheels, so I'll try them out. Honestly I don't know what the previous owner did or where they took the car, but even the tyres have chunks missing out of the protective rim. The alloys are curbed all over, every one of them. If these don't work or don't look good I'll refurbish them myself.

Frozen White touch up paint (£6). To touch up a small scuff mark on the front bumper, as well as a little bit of paint missing on the corner of a rear panel. Should only need the tiniest amount.

Genuine mats (£25). These will be quite nice with the Focus badge on them.

Black Hammerite 'smooth' paint (£11). For the rear drums. I already have silver for the front calipers and the hub carriers behind the discs.

OBD2 to USB (£11) for the Focccus app, primarily to change the drive-off auto-lock function, and also to enable HID's when I get round to retrofitting the projectors.

Wing mirror indicator covers (£10 for the pair). One's cracked, the other is yellow and whilst I could polish that up, they were very cheap so decided to change them both.

Front fog lamp (£17) as the O/S is cracked with water leaking inside of it. Pre-owned to match the condition of the other, and no need to replace both with new ones.

Some items are coming from China so will take a while (indicator covers and OBD2 to USB lead) but the others should be here this week.

• Like 1

Those 18" alloys are optional extras.  They're part of the appearance pack which included the privacy glass as well.  You'll find most Mk3s with 18s are kerbed with chunks out of the tyres...if you look at the price of that tyre size, you'll see exactly why people are reluctant to replace them until they're actually illegal! :laugh:  Sadly the sidewall is such a low profile that potholes cause most of the damage, rather than people just obliviously driving into kerbs!

Also regarding the OBD cable - we usually recommend the Tunnelrat ones on here, slightly more expensive but guaranteed to work.  The cheap Chinese ones vary in quality.  It may be fine, just something to note if it doesn't work, it may not be you doing anything wrong.  The other app worth downloading is Forscan - excellent bit of kit for Fords!

Finally, just wanted to say it looks like a great project...I do miss the days of project threads on forums! :smile: 

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Those 18" alloys are optional extras.  They're part of the appearance pack which included the privacy glass as well.  You'll find most Mk3s with 18s are kerbed with chunks out of the tyres...if you look at the price of that tyre size, you'll see exactly why people are reluctant to replace them until they're actually illegal! :laugh:  Sadly the sidewall is such a low profile that potholes cause most of the damage, rather than people just obliviously driving into kerbs!

Also regarding the OBD cable - we usually recommend the Tunnelrat ones on here, slightly more expensive but guaranteed to work.  The cheap Chinese ones vary in quality.  It may be fine, just something to note if it doesn't work, it may not be you doing anything wrong.  The other app worth downloading is Forscan - excellent bit of kit for Fords!

Finally, just wanted to say it looks like a great project...I do miss the days of project threads on forums! :smile: 

If I had the choice I'd have the 17"s, for the added comfort and better protection from curbs. I've got 18's on the Boxster and they look great on that, but I'm not sold on this. I'd be willing to swap with someone!

Thanks though, appreciate it. Regarding optional extras, I've no idea where to look to see the list of options mine has. Normally you can find the codes on cars, but I can't find anything. Ford haven't responded to emails either.

10 minutes ago, geraintthomas said:

If I had the choice I'd have the 17"s, for the added comfort and better protection from curbs. I've got 18's on the Boxster and they look great on that, but I'm not sold on this. I'd be willing to swap with someone!

Thanks though, appreciate it. Regarding optional extras, I've no idea where to look to see the list of options mine has. Normally you can find the codes on cars, but I can't find anything. Ford haven't responded to emails either.

It's not simple to find out which options were standard or which were factory extras on these...I'm just a bit of geek regarding the Mk2 & Mk3 Focus specs! :laugh: 

You can find everything your car was built with on ETIS.  You have to register as an IO but it's free to do.  It doesn't specify which items were standard though if you post your ETIS list I can probably pick out a few more options.

From what you've said so far the optional extras on yours are - Sat nav, active cruise control, lane departure/BLIS/TSR and the appearance pack with the wheels and tints.  Oh, I think you've also got the city pack which included rear park pilot (but not front!) and powerfolding wing mirrors.

I'm not sure what Titanium Handling Package would be...Titanium is the comfort spec model, it's not designed for handling like the sport models are, just has standard suspension.

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not simple to find out which options were standard or which were factory extras on these...I'm just a bit of geek regarding the Mk2 & Mk3 Focus specs! :laugh: 

You can find everything your car was built with on ETIS.  You have to register as an IO but it's free to do.  It doesn't specify which items were standard though if you post your ETIS list I can probably pick out a few more options.

From what you've said so far the optional extras on yours are - Sat nav, active cruise control, lane departure/BLIS/TSR and the appearance pack with the wheels and tints.  Oh, I think you've also got the city pack which included rear park pilot (but not front!) and powerfolding wing mirrors.

I'm not sure what Titanium Handling Package would be...Titanium is the comfort spec model, it's not designed for handling like the sport models are, just has standard suspension.

Ah I think you may be incorrect here, the Titaniums didn't come with rear parking sensors as standard, it was still an optional extra. There were plenty of Titaniums I looked at without them, and I read up online that it was an option. The Titanium Handling Package (according to the manual) is 'sport tuned suspension with 18" alloy wheels', which is odd considering it's a comfort spec car as you said.

I'll look into ETIS now. Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, geraintthomas said:

Ah I think you may be incorrect here, the Titaniums didn't come with rear parking sensors as standard, it was still an optional extra. There were plenty of Titaniums I looked at without them, and I read up online that it was an option. The Titanium Handling Package (according to the manual) is 'sport tuned suspension with 18" alloy wheels', which is odd considering it's a comfort spec car as you said.

I'll look into ETIS now. Thanks!

I didn't edit quickly enough haha!  Rear park pilot and powerfold mirrors were called 'City Pack'. :smile: 

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I didn't edit quickly enough haha!  Rear park pilot and powerfold mirrors were called 'City Pack'. :smile: 

Ohh! Saucy.

I just looked at ETIS and it's not available... a few people online are saying it's no longer around? Unless I'm being daft!

Just now, geraintthomas said:

Ohh! Saucy.

I just looked at ETIS and it's not available... a few people online are saying it's no longer around? Unless I'm being daft!

It's down today, typical haha!  I used it over the weekend without issue... :unsure: 

Just now, TomsFocus said:

It's down today, typical haha!  I used it over the weekend without issue... :unsure: 

Ah fair enough, I'll try again later/tomorrow.

My car mats are arriving today I think. Exciting stuff...

• Like 1

The RimBlades came today. I can't believe that it costs £30 for these. It's a complete ripoff, but there's none that are cheaper that I can find anywhere. Still, if they work then they work.

They give IPA cleaner, and also an adhesion primer that sets, then you apply the rimblade to the wheel, then leave it for 1-3 days before driving over 40mph. It also says it helps to warm the wheel a little and not to do it on a damp/cold day. Reviews say that for people who follow the instructions, they last a very long time. Some people just stick them on and complain when they fly off. Either way, it's definitely worth a try.

This is all they are:

lyE5Oykl.jpg

8QPRMpHl.jpg

I tried to find something online that's similar/cheaper, but to no avail.

The wheels are knackered, presumably a rally driver was the last owner?!

q56ttxgl.jpg

And a test position

ZbizT4pl.jpg

These cover all of the curbing nicely! If they stay on then it's a winner. It'll also stop the wheel from being curbed if I do touch a curb. The weather's looking to improve on the weekend so I'll be doing them then.

I also cannot wait to coat the rear drums in black hammerite. They look horrible!

• Like 1

Genuine mats came today! They're lovely.

b9jYdKIl.jpg

g2JS9l3l.jpg

7Ev37CSl.jpg

vOCrVWGl.jpg

Also the parcel shelf was broken. I assume this is common looking at its design. The edges have cracked and bent, so the shelf falls constantly.

KdOigf3l.jpg

I've got two stiff rubber washers, which surprisingly fit perfectly. 12mm if anyone wants to know,

awdkosLl.jpg

YOkufoIl.jpg

The plan was to glue them to the outside of the shelf, creating a wider shelf for the posts to sit in so that it can't fall, and also for them to be more secure rather than wobble around,

Ddd93YSl.jpg

9oEba5dl.jpg

Ec5txeBl.jpg

Job done, shelf is now secure and no chance of falling as I had to bend the edges a little for them to fit onto the posts. As they should! Poor design from Ford there.

Whilst I was there, I changed the boot lamps to white (though they look blue here) to match the interior LED's. Not sure if the interior LED's are part of the titanium package or if they're standard across all mk3's but they look great, so these are my best attempt to match them.

Photos were before I fixed the shelf:

FSP2zIXl.jpg

TmZthBql.jpg

More to follow

• Like 1

Yep, parcel shelves are a common issue!  A lot also have a huge bend and crack in the middle, not sure what people are putting on them!

ETIS is working fine now btw. :smile:

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, parcel shelves are a common issue!  A lot also have a huge bend and crack in the middle, not sure what people are putting on them!

ETIS is working fine now btw. :smile:

Just looked at it and it's asking me to fill out tax information and to register a company name and address, which I'm uncomfortable in doing!

1 hour ago, geraintthomas said:

Just looked at it and it's asking me to fill out tax information and to register a company name and address, which I'm uncomfortable in doing!

But you're happy to leave your reg on display? :wink: Only just noticed haha, I could've done it for you earlier! 🤦‍♂️

Just make up the info lol, it's not all required anyway. :biggrin:

Welcome Tom

Ford System StatusView Information

Outstanding Field service Actions

No Campaign Message(s) found
We will check for outstanding service actions on your selected vehicle, using your detected country, if this is incorrect you may not see the right information.
We have detected that you are in the: United Kingdom
If this information is incorrect, click here to change your country.

Mechanical Repairs

Focus 2011.25 (07/2010-)

Wiring Diagrams

Focus 2011.25 (07/2010-)

Vehicle Software

Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information.

1380.jpg
* Illustration shows model only
Focus 2011-2015, 1.6L Duratorq CR TC (115PS) - DV6, Frozen White
VIN Number:  
Registration Number: GU12HFH   (20.03.2012)
First Registration Date: 20.03.2012
Registration Country: GB
Change selected Vehicle 

Primary Features

Build Date: 27.02.2012
Vehicle Line: Focus 2011-2015
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: Series 40
Engine: 1.6L Duratorq CR TC (115PS) - DV6
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual Trans - B6
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.61
Emission: Stage V Emissions
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Frozen White
Interior Fabric: Pur/Luxury Soft Charcoal

Minor Features

•  Less Roof Reinforcement
  •  Less Roof Line Conversion
  •  Less Rear Mudflaps
  •  Front Door Scuff Plates - Ford Oval
  •  Accessory Media Hub 1XUSB
  •  Less Interior Pack
  •  Less Front Mudflaps
  •  With Hill Launch Assist
  •  Rear Passenger Door
  •  With Manual Liftgate
  •  Saarlouis Plant Built
  •  Less Security Lock Group
  •  Less Special Equipment Package
  •  Ford Corporate badge
  •  Less Sales badge
  •  Less Special Order Paint
  •  Less SVO Application/Label
  •  Marketing Level 1
  •  Less Dress Up RSO
  •  (-) SVP
  •  Less SIP
  •  Exterior Paint - Solid
  •  For Normal Temperature Zones
  •  Less VP Application Label
  •  Econetic Tailgate badge
  •  Less Mass Customization Package
  •  Less Fire Extinguisher Fixings
  •  Less Tyre Repair service Kit
  •  With Auto Closing Windows
  •  Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do
  •  Power Rear Window One Shot Up/Down
  •  With Privacy Glass
  •  Grille - Upper Blk Msh/Chrome Surnd
  •  Less Windshield Heat Shielding
  •  With Heated Windscreen
  •  Less Console Ashtray
  •  Less Temp Controlled Glove Box
  •  With Padded Dash
  •  Mini Overhead Cnsl W/Sunglass Bin
  •  Console - With Closed Bin
  •  Less Rear Floor Console
  •  Int Environment Clr-Charcoal Black
  •  Int Feat Colour - Charcoal Black
  •  Less Front Floor mats
  •  Less Rear Floor mats
  •  With General Stowage Box
  •  Less Sun Blinds
  •  Deluxe Headliner
  •  With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers
  •  With Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger
  •  With Aluminum Interior Door Handles
  •  With LH Front Door Armrest
  •  With RH Front Door Armrest
  •  Less Stowage Bins
  •  Rear Coat Hook
  •  Less Luggage Compartment Net Kit
  •  With Load Area Cover
  •  Less Load Compartment Loops
  •  Less Load Retention Net
  •  Less Decklid Liner
  •  With Load Floor Carpet
  •  Less First Aid Retain Straps
  •  Less W.Triangle Retaining Straps
  •  Less Interior Partition
  •  Less Driver Roof Storage
  •  Less Front Grille
  •  Lower Grille - Hgh Gls W/Chrm Smile
  •  Less roof rack
  •  Less Exterior Body Mouldings
  •  Rocker Panel Moulding -Cladding C/K
  •  With Bright Door Frame Moulding
  •  Less Door Edge Guards
  •  Less Auxiliary roof rack Crossbars
  •  With Rear Spoiler
  •  With Electrochromic R/View Mirror
  •  Dual Pwr/Heat/Fold/Pud Lamp/Signal
  •  With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror
  •  With Driver Seat Back Map Pocket
  •  Passenger Seat Back Map Pocket
  •  With Front 2 Way Headrest
  •  With Driver Seat Recliner - Rotary
  •  With Passenger Seat Recliner-Rotary
  •  Less Seat Track Covers
  •  Less Special Seat Covers
  •  Less Special Front Seat Covers
  •  Less Special Rear Seat Covers
  •  With Two Piece Rear Seat Cushion
  •  With 60:40 Split - Folding Rr Seat
  •  With Integrated Rear Headrest
  •  Rear Centre Armrest With Stowage
  •  With Rear Center Head Restraint
  •  With Drivers Manual Lumbar Support
  •  Less Passenger Seat Lumbar Support
  •  Less Temp Control Driver Seat
  •  Less Temp Control Passengers Seat
  •  With Drvr/Passngr Seat Belt Minder
  •  With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster
  •  With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust
  •  Less Trailer Coupling
  •  Less Towing Pre-Pack
  •  With Front Towing Hook
  •  With Rear Towing Hooks
  •  Less Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
  •  Engine Cover - Under Hood
  •  Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle
  •  Body Coloured Tailgate Handle
  •  Ignition Key Combination Pack 1
  •  With Leather Gear Shift Knob
  •  Steel Security Door Lock Shield
  •  With Child Proof Safety Lock
  •  With Remote Controlled Tailgate Release
  •  Less Second Remote Ignition Key
  •  Less Door Auto Relocking
  •  With Door Dead Locks
  •  Less Door Unlock System
  •  With Door Entry Remote Control Unit
  •  Keyless Entry/Start - Passive
  •  Capless Fuel Filler Without Lock
  •  With Int. Rear Window Wiper/Washer
  •  With Automatic Windscreen wiper
  •  With Heated Washer Jet
  •  Less Headlamp Washer/Wiper
  •  Less Sun Roof
  •  Less Tonneau Cover
  •  Front Bumper Sensor Device
  •  Front Bumper - Painted Body Colour
  •  Less Front Bumper Extension
  •  Rear Bumper Body Coloured Plastic
  •  Less Rear Bumper Skirt
  •  Less Thermoplastic Kneebolster Sys
  •  Air Curtain Restraint LH
  •  Air Curtain Restraint RH
  •  Less Rear Side Air Bag Restraint
  •  3 Part Seat Belt- European Regultn
  •  Retractable Rear Seat Belt-3Point
  •  With Driver Air Bag
  •  With Passenger Air Bag
  •  With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side
  •  With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side
  •  Less Passenger Air Bag Deactivation
  •  With Isofix Hard Point Attachment
  •  With Manual Adjust Frt.S.Belt Mount
  •  Style 1 Tether Anchorage Restraint
  •  Spare Wheel - Mini Steel
  •  Less Tyre Pressure Sensors
  •  With Standard Rear Shock Absorbers
  •  8 X 18 ET 55MM Alloy Style 2
  •  Limited Service Mini Spare Tyre
  •  With Standard Tyre Tread - Front
  •  With Standard Tyre Tread - Rear
  •  Less Wheel Covers
  •  Locking Wheel Nuts
  •  With Kysor Radiator Shutter
  •  Less Engine Block Heater
  •  Less Frame Mounted Fuel Filter
  •  Cold Start -15 Deg C
  •  Less Immersion Heater
  •  Starter - Stop/Start System
  •  With Standard Suspension
  •  Front Spring Load Class-K
  •  Rear Spring Load Class-P
  •  Single Exhaust
  •  Less Exhaust Pipe Extension
  •  Less Handbrake Grip
  •  Mechanical Hand Operated Park Brake
  •  Standard Duty Fr/Rr Calp And Pads
  •  With Rear Drum Brakes
  •  Collision Mitigation System
  •  Low Speed Safety System
  •  Brakes-HLA/ESP/TC/ABS
  •  Less Rear Bumper Protector
  •  3.72/2.04/1.25/.919/.738/0.622
  •  With High Back Front Seats
  •  Less Rear Comp Duct
  •  Less Air Purifier Sensor
  •  With Recirculating Heater
  •  Non Locking Capless Fuel Fill
  •  With Diesel Fuel Capability
  •  Less Gaseous Prep Pack
  •  With Fixed Foot Pedals
  •  Standard Foot Pedal Pad Design
  •  With Electric Power Steering
  •  With Manual Tilt/Slide Stg Column
  •  4 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel
  •  With Adaptive Speed Control
  •  With Supplemental Air Heater
  •  Less Park Heating
  •  Conventional Instruments - Level 3
  •  With Instrument Cluster - Rheostat
  •  With MPH/KMH Speedometer
  •  With Trip Computer
  •  Less Instrument Gauges
  •  Dual Note Electric Horn
  •  Less Tyre Inflation Monitor
  •  Less Compass Display
  •  MFD Nav Low TFT Screen
  •  Less Navigation System
  •  With Message Centre
  •  Less Navigation Disk
  •  Navigation Data - Western Europe
  •  Less Emergency Call Button
  •  Less Emergency Assistance
  •  Driver Impairment Monitor
  •  BIS W/Radar-BLIS/CAN LED
  •  Lane Keeping Aid
  •  Thatcham Catergory 1 Alarm System
  •  With Safeguard Anti-Theft Sys(Pats)
  •  With Rear Parking Aid
  •  Less Front Parking Aid
  •  Less Side Parking Aid
  •  Less Automated Parking System
  •  Standard Duty battery
  •  Less A/V Jack
  •  BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect
  •  ICE-Mid Audio Branded + DAB
  •  Branded ICP With Navigation
  •  Less Upgraded Sound System
  •  With 9 Radio Speakers
  •  Less Radio Subwoofer
  •  Less Telephone Preparation Pack
  •  Less Mobile Office Pack
  •  Less Family Entertainment System
  •  Less Cell Phone Interface System
  •  Less Sync
  •  Voice Activated Module - British
  •  With Steering Wheel Radio Controls
  •  Less Column Stalk Radio Controls
  •  Less Electrical Outlet
  •  Less Smokers Package
  •  Less Power Point Plug
  •  With Power Point Plug - Rear
  •  Less Camera
  •  Less Cool Box
  •  Less Style Pack
  •  Less Comfort Pack
  •  With Auto Headlamps
  •  With Chrome Fog Lamp Bezel
  •  With Halogen Headlamp
  •  Less Daytime Running Lamps
  •  With Front Fog Lamps
  •  With Black Headlamp Bezels
  •  Interior Lighting-Ambient LED
  •  With Footwell Lights
  •  Fr Individual and Rr Map Lights
  •  Front And Rear Lamp LED
  •  Less Rear Overhead Reading Lamps
  •  With Glove Box Illumination
  •  With Load Compartment Lamp
  •  Less Aux Interior Lights
  •  Tail lamps - LED Rear
  •  With High Mounted Stop Lamp
  •  With Single Rear Fog Lamp
  •  With Front Headlamp Levelling
  •  With Auto High Lamp Headlamp
  •  Less Accessory - Packages
  •  Outside Air Temperature Present

Action took 177 ms. on ito034604-ito034604

© Ford Motor Company Ltd

That's very kind of you! Thank you!

Wonder what it means by 'Less'...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geraintthomas said:

That's very kind of you! Thank you!

Wonder what it means by 'Less'...

Less just means 'without'.  But sometimes it's because you have a better version, the points aren't all as simple as they seem!

Just fill the form with any old cak, they don't check at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Less just means 'without'.  But sometimes it's because you have a better version, the points aren't all as simple as they seem!

Gotcha 

48 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Just fill the form with any old cak, they don't check at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Good to know!

The boot bulbs I installed earlier look lovely at night. Ideally I'd like them a little warmer and less blue, but they'll do for the time being. It's hard to tell when buying lights because sellers just throw the 'k' colour temperature around without testing. I want 5000k bulbs but the last time I bought some they were practically purple. It's just luck of the draw.

Z41jHLXl.jpg

One thing I do love about the car is the rear LED lights. Should be on all of the mk3's.

GZVTExNl.jpg

The £9 wing mirror indicator replacements came today.

Horrible cracked original lamp:

ILFTYwhl.jpg

Shiny new one

flJbkGPl.jpg

Bit of a difference

H7XzzKOl.jpg

Installed. Much better

AUCjzZfl.jpg

The other was quite dull and yellow too

86WfZAnl.jpg

Replacement looks far nicer

Z1sbv96l.jpg

Right. I've just tried to use FoCCCus with the ELM327 cable. I connected to the car, made a backup but when it was making the backup the car went nuts. Engine fault, brake fault, etc etc. Suddenly stopped and went back to normal. I tried to write the 'auto lock' when driving off onto the car, and the same thing happened. An error occured and it didn't upload, so I've stopped there. Absolutely s**t myself, so I'm super uncomfortable using it. Was that meant to happen?! I'd need to do this if I'm to fit HID's in projectors in the future. What am I doing wrong?

After looking at several YouTube videos, it looks like the car freaking out while it reads/writes to the car is normal. My only issue is that it had an error and couldn't write.

I've got the switch in the adapter but there's no indication to what position it's at? Does anyone know if focccus runs medium or high speed?

If you can read it, you're on the right speed setting.  Some modules are on HS, some MS, that's why you need to switch between them.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club