Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta advice please

Have a look on the Auto Trader app, that’s where I found mine 15 months ago.

I found a Ford Direct Fiesta Vignale 140 with all the extras that you’re looking for at a decent price.

The only recommendation that I’d make is to buy a spare wheel and jack and remove the subwoofer for the radio, or as I’ve done, put the sub speaker in a sub box in the boot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Steve,  keep an eye out for a GPS failure icon on the Sat Nav display as some of the earlier MK8s (my 67 plate included) had a chronic issue that was never fixed.

It can be intermittent so an extended test drive is advisable if possible.

I'd agree with the comments above.

The Fiesta is a very enjoyable thing to drive and for a keen driver that tends to seal the deal. You'll no doubt be aware that other superminis (VW group in particular) have a bit more practicality and imo better technology from the infotainment angle.

You can only get the 140 on ST-Line, ST-Line X and Vignale (plus the Active model). I think it is worth it (very small price differential new), but you certainly wouldn't feel short changed with a 125.

I mostly drive single carriageways but find the car excellent on duals/motorways, very good cruise at 70 or so.

I have rear sensors and camera and find they work well, the camera lens quickly gets dirty in wet conditions though so needs a regular clean. Haven't got the other bits so can't comment.😃

Many thanks Eric, Tef and Jolly Andy.

All great tips, really great advice. I will be mindful of this when I go to buy.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

CSC

You’re more than welcome, one parting pearl of wisdom, if you’re looking to tow a trailer, don’t buy a Fiesta with a panoramic roof; there is no official towbar fitting. Luckily for me the missus has a Mk 7 , so we were able to have a towbar fitted to that.

Good luck with your search.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 hours ago, Jollyandy said:

You’re more than welcome, one parting pearl of wisdom, if you’re looking to tow a trailer, don’t buy a Fiesta with a panoramic roof; there is no official towbar fitting. Luckily for me the missus has a Mk 7 , so we were able to have a towbar fitted to that.

Good luck with your search.

Andy

I'm quite happy with my panno roof in my mk8. It does make the bring in more light to the dark interior, however there are several downsides to having it. Mainly being it lowers the interior roofline of the car, so headroom is poorer, especially in the back, front isn't too bad as seats can be lowered. At the moment I rarely carry passengers in back so not too bothered. The only other thing is (officially) you can't get a spare wheel as an option for some reason. On sunny days it's possibly hotter (greenhouse effect), but you can shade it.

I think the reason no spare wheel with a panoramic roof is weight. The panoramic roof is heavier and the spare wheel would take the overall weight outside one of the EU ECO ranges.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jsk said:

I think the reason no spare wheel with a panoramic roof is weight. 

I believe that was the reason. Another factor was that the subwoofer for the B&O was originally in the wheel well but some members (including @Jollyandy Iirc) came up with ingenious ways to have the subwoofer and a spare. The subwoofer has been moved to the side of the boot on later cars so I see you can now order a spare on the other (non Vignale) models with B&O (unless you have the pan roof option). 

Presumably the wheel well would now be clear though, so it would be easier to put a spare in after purchase.

That is my intention Roger. At present my Titanium has a spare wheel and hopefully next year I shall part/ex it for a Vignale. At that time it will be my intention to swop my current spare wheel, jack and bits into it and dump the tyre puncture gung from the Vignale into the Titanium (dealer hopefully happy with this). Have still not been able to get a look into a new Vignale spare wheel well to make sure it is empty. Anyone out there with the newer model of a mk8 Vignale I would be grateful if you could confirm the wheel well would still take a spare wheel.

47 minutes ago, jsk said:

Anyone out there with the newer model of a mk8 Vignale I would be grateful if you could confirm the wheel well would still take a spare wheel.

I'd also like to know where they've put the 48v battery in the mild hybrid. I suspected it might end up in the wheel well but as it seems you can have a spare on the MHEV variants, it appears not.

The 48v battery it appears is air cooled so unless there is a ducted airflow I should imaging it is external.

1 hour ago, jsk said:

The 48v battery it appears is air cooled

Lol, forgot about that! Guess there'll just have to be some grovelling underneath when I spot one in a showroom,  getting funny looks from the staff!😀

Great advice from you all thanks
I will be going for the Vignale I think.

Nice choice, you won’t be disappointed! [emoji3]

Thanks Andy, I think because I want most of the extras AND a used one, then this is best way.

If I was buying new of course then I could ask for all the factory fit stuff.

Now if I can get a Vignale with Bliss which someone had fitted I would be a happy chappie.

Thanks Andy, I think because I want most of the extras AND a used one, then this is best way.  

If I was buying new of course then I could ask for all the factory fit stuff.

Now if I can get a Vignale with Bliss which someone had fitted I would be a happy chappie.

As I said in my first post, have a look via Auto Trader, that’s what I did. Mine’s got the LED headlamps, BLIS, rear camera, the B & O sound system, the self-park system (not that I’ve ever used it), and the front pre-collision radar. The only option it hasn’t got, was the 18” alloys. Have to say I was very lucky to find a Vignale which had so many extras fitted. Only 1500 miles on the clock too! B&O sound system and rear cam I believe were standard equipment.

Good luck with finding one.

Thanks Andy, yes I downloaded the Auto Trader app as soon as I read your post, its much easier than searching dozens of sites isn't it?

Dying to go out and buy one now, but just need to wait to see if retirement is going to be forced on me now, or if I leave on my own accord, in either case I will then be careless (end of the golden wheels club)  🙂

I quite like the Chrome Blue one, there seems to be loads of black ones, not sure if red is still a no no these days, as they used to get terrible UV damage years ago, and finish up almost pink!!

45 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

, not sure if red is still a no no these days, as they used to get terrible UV damage years ago, and finish up almost pink!!

Yes, I remember that! Got a race red one myself. It lives outside under a couple of trees so regularly hit by tree sap and pigeon pooh and (I'm ashamed to say)  rarely gets a decent clean, but the paintwork shows no sign of fade. Don't think it happens so much these days as they apply a lacquer coat to solids as well as metallics. And red ones are much faster of course!😀

😀 Red definitely faster mate.

I was hoping someone would say that red is no longer a problem colour, the metallic red is certainly a looker.

Cheers

18 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I'd also like to know where they've put the 48v battery in the mild hybrid. I suspected it might end up in the wheel well but as it seems you can have a spare on the MHEV variants, it appears not.

Read somewhere that the 48V battery is located in later versions on the center console in Ford puma (now it's in the boot next to "mega box"). If this is true they could do the same with Fiesta.

14 hours ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Thanks Andy, yes I downloaded the Auto Trader app as soon as I read your post, its much easier than searching dozens of sites isn't it?

Dying to go out and buy one now, but just need to wait to see if retirement is going to be forced on me now, or if I leave on my own accord, in either case I will then be careless (end of the golden wheels club)  🙂

I quite like the Chrome Blue one, there seems to be loads of black ones, not sure if red is still a no no these days, as they used to get terrible UV damage years ago, and finish up almost pink!!

When you buy the Fiesta, be sure to check that all the maintenance has been done according to manufacturer instructions. This is always very important with new cars 🙂

1 hour ago, Jeipii said:

Read somewhere that the 48V battery is located in later versions on the center console in Ford puma (now it's in the boot next to "mega box"). If this is true they could do the same with Fiesta.

Ah, interesting. That reminds me of a conversation I had with my dealer when I test drove a Puma early this year. I asked if it was possible to have a spare wheel and was told no, because of the mega box which was shaped to avoid the 48v battery which I think at that time was under the boot floor. He did mention that he'd been told Ford were looking at the design of the boot area again and a spare may be possible in future. So this would tie in with the 48v battery being relocated.