Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta advice please

聽Share

3 hours ago, Jeipii said:

When you buy the Fiesta, be sure to check that all the maintenance has been done according to manufacturer instructions. This is always very important with new cars 馃檪

Thanks mate, great advice馃憤

Hi

Its me again with one final question if I may please.

OK so from your experience, if I buy a used Fiesta Vignale 140 2 year old max, up to 12,000 miles.聽 Would you recommend a full AA or similar comprehensive vehicle check or if I buy from a Ford dealer either direct or through Autotrader, Carwow etc, would an independent Full vehicle check still be recommended?

Many thanks again guys, really appreciating your valued advice.

CSC

If you buy through Ford Direct, the car comes with a inspection certificate and an extended warranty. Otherwise, an independent inspection maybe worthwhile having done for peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha once you get started on here there never seems to be a final question!聽

But yes, I think you may find that the best choice of the type of car you're after will be on Ford Direct, which in some ways comes with better cover than a new car - 2 years unlimited mileage warranty and breakdown cover for instance. Plus a 30 day exchange plan (which I have taken advantage of in the past). Most of the stock is held centrally, not physically at the dealers so it's often a case of select a car and have it brought to your dealer of choice. One thing I did find is that pricing is down to individual dealers so it can be worth trying the search via a few dealers, prices on the same car may differ. (Or did, last time I used Ford Direct)聽

Edit: Forgot to add - to compare different dealers prices set up your search on Ford Direct with your own postcode. Note the details of any particular car(s) of interest, see which dealer the system has identified as being nearest and note their price, then go back and change the postcode so it picks up other dealers. As it happens I use my own postcode to get my nearest dealer, postcodes of 2 former addresses to pick up 2 more,聽 and postcode of a friend who lives near a 4th dealer. Sometimes they all price a car the same, often they differ by several hundred pounds.

Edited by Eric Bloodaxe
Extra para
  • Like 1

Wow, Thanks very much Andy and Eric, Blimey you're all so very helpful on this forum.

Great tips and advice, all poised and ready to go and buy my perfect fiesta, just seeing how long my furlough lasts, and if it will end in my redundancy or resignation, either way Fiesta here I come.....sooner the better.

Thanks again guys, you do this forum proud!馃憤

50 minutes ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

Blimey you're all so very helpful on this forum.

Yes, I first asked a question on here about 9 years ago and I'm still hanging around! I've visited a few forums over the years to ask questions about various cars, and this site is undoubtedly the most friendly and helpful I've found. Some of the non-car related forums are good fun, and also helpful with tips and hints on many subjects such as DIY, or just for a good moan. Be prepared to have your leg pulled, though!馃榾

Very true mate, been in some terrible forums in the past, back biting and all sorts, but this ones a breath of fresh air, leg ready to be pulled 馃榾

• 1 month later...

WELL

I finally did it and bought my used 19 plate Fiesta Vignale today, 4000 on the clock little old lady as only other owner.

Went on test drive....love it pick it up next Thursday.

Will shortly be leaving the Golden wheels club, when I tell my boss what to do with his job, and for the 1st time in 45 years of driving will own my first car.

I got the spare wheel already included and the subwoofer sitting in the boot.

Thanks for all the advice you guys gave me a couple of months back, this really helped me in my decision.

Cheers

CSC

1 hour ago, Chainsawcharlie said:

I finally did it and bought my used 19 plate Fiesta Vignale today

Hope you enjoy it!馃槂 Let us know how you get on with it.

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Hope you enjoy it!馃槂 Let us know how you get on with it.

Thanks, and will do Eric, and thanks so much for all your earlier advice when I was asking all those questions.

WELL
I finally did it and bought my used 19 plate Fiesta Vignale today, 4000 on the clock little old lady as only other owner.
Went on test drive....love it pick it up next Thursday.
Will shortly be leaving the Golden wheels club, when I tell my boss what to do with his job, and for the 1st time in 45 years of driving will own my first car.
I got the spare wheel already included and the subwoofer sitting in the boot.

Thanks for all the advice you guys gave me a couple of months back, this really helped me in my decision.

Cheers
CSC

You鈥檒l love the Vignale, as Eric said let us know how you鈥檙e getting on with it. BTW enjoy your new life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, Jollyandy said:

You鈥檒l love the Vignale, as Eric said let us know how you鈥檙e getting on with it. BTW enjoy your new life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Andy, will do and many thanks for your kind words mate

A friend of mine has a 2018 approx, Fiesta automatic. He generally likes the car except for the fuel consumption which he finds disappointing. That said the Fiesta automatics are not known for fuel economy, but where I live autos seem to be preferred. I gather he has had no issues with the car.

As for me I have a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost 100HP (Manual) which I bought new, so far very reliable. I assume the newer ones are similar or better.

The site below has some very useful info on reliability and the cost of repairs for most if not all brands.

https://www.reliabilityindex.com/

Overall the Fiesta is a nice car, fun to drive, reliable and I am sure 140HP in one is more than enough. They are however a little more punishing for longer drives. I recently did a set of 3-5 hour trips in Germany while聽on holiday. They can be a little tiring to drive when compared to other cars for such trips. They are however ideal for daily commutes and moderate journeys. That said, the remain fun.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club