Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Horn. Another Issue!!

Knight Focus

My wife, joker that she is, tryed pressing the horn when I had just filled up with petrol to make me jump (ha ha!! :rolleyes: ) It didn't make me jump because it sounded weak as hell. I know a defective horn is an MOT issue so how easy is it to replace the horn and how would it be done?

I keep finding new issues, maybe I should stop looking!!

Mike

My wife, joker that she is, tryed pressing the horn when I had just filled up with petrol to make me jump (ha ha!! rolleyes.gif ) It didn't make me jump because it sounded weak as hell. I know a defective horn is an MOT issue so how easy is it to replace the horn and how would it be done?

I keep finding new issues, maybe I should stop looking!!

Mike

passenger side under the car just to the left of the radiator youll see it undo bolt and wires and replace though by the sounds opf it ide try cleaning up the contacts on the wires and the horn first and give it a try

• Like 1

Cheers mate. You should get paid for your input on here!! :P

Mike

Yeah I've noticed this fella is a fountain of info and help. Cheers Artscot. :D

• Like 1

Yeah I've noticed this fella is a fountain of info and help. Cheers Artscot. biggrin.gif

unfortunately in my street the doors always getting knocked on for summat to do wityh cars can i valet them my wipers dont work plus my old man was a mechanic and i helped him a lot with the car then my work then a mate who i helped do almost everything a back street mechanic but a good one he cvan do the lot timing removing engines gearboxes etc so learned a lot with him all were ford nuts i even got to drive his sierra cosworth 500bhp professionally done once for helping him so much now that was a fast car but any donations are welcome lol

gaz gave me a link for these i ordered them and fitted really good and easy as hell to fit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-98-2005-MK1-Zetec-RETRO-Flat-Wiper-Blades_W0QQitemZ230413625136QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a5b8e730

I've used retro fit flat wipers before on my Scenic, but the connections for the arms were HUUUUUGE, so much so that they created a massive amount of wind noise. They look quite svelt though artscot.

Mike

I've used retro fit flat wipers before on my Scenic, but the connections for the arms were HUUUUUGE, so much so that they created a massive amount of wind noise. They look quite svelt though artscot.

Mike

these ones are quite small really certainly havent noticed any wind noise from them so far just got to get that fiat wipoer for the rear now

these ones are quite small really certainly havent noticed any wind noise from them so far just got to get that fiat wipoer for the rear now

I spent 25 on Bosch ones :angry: look smart though, absoutly silent and the clips are tiny work well with the varible wipers to :)

On the horn front why not fit an air horn whilst ur at it :P scare the wife to death

Mike

I spent 25 on bosch ones mad.gif look smart though, absoutly silent and the clips are tiny work well with the varible wipers to smile.gif

On the horn front why not fit an air horn whilst ur at it tongue.gif scare the wife to death

Mike

yeah but please dont put one of those bloomin music playing ones in some guy in a skyline was beeping his and it played the general lee tune what a twxt

On the horn front why not fit an air horn whilst ur at it :P scare the wife to death

Mike

Was thinking of getting something with a little more ooomph if I had to replace it anyway. What's available? Obviously a "General Lee" style one isn't even a consideration!!

Mike

On the jokey side id get a ducks quack or something on a serious note id get a fog horn the kind of thing youd kill an old person with :P

Mike

On the jokey side id get a ducks quack or something on a serious note id get a fog horn the kind of thing youd kill an old person with tongue.gif

Mike

what about one that shouts get the fxxk out the road which is what we usually mean when we need to use the horn anyway lol

Got the horn off today (no jokes please!!) and it was filled with water, emptied it out and dried it and it was fine. The culprit awas a huge chunk taken from the passenger side wheel arch liner which I hadn't noticed before, so gonna keep an eye on that and try to get a new one.

Mike

Got the horn off today (no jokes please!!) and it was filled with water, emptied it out and dried it and it was fine. The culprit awas a huge chunk taken from the passenger side wheel arch liner which I hadn't noticed before, so gonna keep an eye on that and try to get a new one.

Mike

they have a habit over time of getting right up against the tyre so when youre on full lock the tyre eventually can tear it away

• 5 months later...

Hey Did you get a new horn? If so Where from how much?

I'm needing to replace my horn as well, I was looking at the £14.99 horn in Halfrauds but Im wondering if there is enough room for it behind the plastic innerwing cover as the original horn is quite slim compaired with the one in Halfrauds and previous trumpet horns I have seen. Also I'd have to adapt the wiring to fit a non standard Ford horn due to the conections on the original horn.

Was also toying with fitting a set of air horns. My mate had them (non musical) and they were smart, until the time the relay stuck on blasting the horn. I couldnt help but laugh while he fumbeled to get the bonnet open and pull of the wires :lol:

• 1 month later...

I phoned Peoples In Edinburgh for a price for a replacement horn, they quoated £25 and a few pennys.

Has anyone fitted air horns to a mk1 focus? if so do you have any pics?

I phoned Peoples In Edinburgh for a price for a replacement horn, they quoated £25 and a few pennys.

Has anyone fitted air horns to a mk1 focus? if so do you have any pics?

honestly mate theres sod all to it one bolt holds it on 10 or 12mm i believe and the two contact wires simply remove the conatcts undo the bolt and the old horns off and revers eto replace good time to smear some contact grease on them or even some vaseline will do the same job

• 4 years later...

My son has a 2005 Ford Focus,and the horn has stopped working,I checked the fuse which is ok but do not know where the relay is so have not checked that,he told me he wanted to buy another horn from Halfords,but when I have been looking for one of these forums,I watched a YouTube video and it has a plug connector which will not be compatible on a Halfords bought horn

• 1 year later...
On 2010-4-9 at 11:39 PM, artscot79 said:

passenger side under the car just to the left of the radiator youll see it undo bolt and wires and replace though by the sounds opf it ide try cleaning up the contacts on the wires and the horn first and give it a try

Hello, I cant see the location of the horn but may be looking at the wrong thing, is it covered by a plastic engine cover? mine is 2011 2.0 diesel grand c max, any help appreciated

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club