Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020.25 MY vs 2021

JDC14

Hi

I’ve got a price on a 2020.25 MY Focus ST Line X (with convenience pack) today and before I proceed I wondered if someone could help outline the differences between this and the 2021MY (that I think is available from September?).

Aside from the MHEV I’m not sure what specs come as standard, and what’s newly added as an option, and I’m trying to decide whether to pull the trigger now with the 0% deals or if it’s worth waiting 3 months for the new version

Difficult one! If you can get 0% in September...

there’s a list of changes  on here somewhere....I don’t know how to find it . 

the 2020 stx 1.5L 182 ..discontinued. Replaced by a 1L 155 mild hybrid. 

Fully digital dash, full LEDs ...I’m not sure what else. 

personally I’d wait the 2/3 months but 0% may be long gone by then 🤔 

if your looking at the usual 12 weeks for it to be made , can you not order the newer version now or next month?

Btw go for the auto 😊

Could be some good deals on outgoing stock cars to be made, but I'm waiting to see what the full hybrid is going to be like.

I can’t see the 0% being there in September, and can only get the right deal on the stock cars (don’t want to be paying £350+ a month!)

Didn’t realise the digital dash was coming though - that’s really tempting. 

@TomsFocus thanks for that link.

I imagine there’s been improvement to the keyless entry now as I’ve read before there was a phase of high keyless entry thefts?

EDIT:

just checked and the peace of mind promotion is around until September 30th! 

8 hours ago, JDC14 said:

I imagine there’s been improvement to the keyless entry now as I’ve read before there was a phase of high keyless entry thefts?

The new keyless fobs 'switch off' after a period of static inactivity, so can no longer be relayed from your front door.  The crims now just break in to steal the fobs instead. :smile: 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The new keyless fobs 'switch off' after a period of static inactivity, so can no longer be relayed from your front door.  The crims now just break in to steal the fobs instead. :smile: 

Reassuring and scary at the same time.

although can’t imagine many want to break into a house for a 1.0L ford 

1 hour ago, JDC14 said:

Reassuring and scary at the same time.

although can’t imagine many want to break into a house for a 1.0L ford 

I often wonder why so many Fiesta's get stolen...not even ST's half the time! :unsure:  The Mk4 ST Line X does look very cool though, they won't care that it's only a 1.0.  Those alloys alone must be worth a few bob...

I note your location as Surrey though, just park between your neighbours Range Rovers and you should be safe. :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I often wonder why so many Fiesta's get stolen...not even ST's half the time!

I suppose it depends on why they steal it - do they want a ride home, do they want to joyride a fast motor, do they want it to sell either complete or in bits, etc?

I've had two cars stolen. My Astra SRi was crashed and robbed of all the tasty bits, so joyriders and parts stealers I guess. Years before my Mk 1 Cortina disappeared only to turn up 30 miles away 3 weeks later, completely undamaged. (The locks on those could be opened with any spare key, my Cortina owning mate and I used to play tricks by unlocking and moving each others car, so when it was nicked at first I thought he'd been at it again.) I guess that one was just someone looking for a ride.😃

• Like 1

Not sure how common it is for spec to change at this stage before release but - just spoke to a ford dealer in the midlands this morning who said they got spec details for the .75 this week and the spec they have doesn’t match the brochure on the ford website.

Keyless entry was the one I remember they said didn’t come as standard - there was 1 or 2 more that were different with different models. 

15 hours ago, JDC14 said:

Not sure how common it is for spec to change at this stage before release but - just spoke to a ford dealer in the midlands this morning who said they got spec details for the .75 this week and the spec they have doesn’t match the brochure on the ford website.

Keyless entry was the one I remember they said didn’t come as standard - there was 1 or 2 more that were different with different models. 

That's because you'll be buying a stock car, pre 21MY

Factory order cars will be new spec.

ST-Line X: Keyless Entry, Heated Steering Wheel, Fixed LED headlamps, Digital Cluster, 1.0 Mhev (125 and 155ps) are the only petrols (plus non Mhev 125ps Auto)

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

That's because you'll be buying a stock car, pre 21MY

Factory order cars will be new spec.

ST-Line X: Keyless Entry, Heated Steering Wheel, Fixed LED headlamps, Digital Cluster, 1.0 Mhev (125 and 155ps) are the only petrols (plus non Mhev 125ps Auto)

It was definitely about the 2020.75 that hasn’t reached the dealerships yet - as I was talking to them about hanging on until they got those cars in stock before buying a Focus. 

said they didn’t know much until they got spec sheets through this week.

Go onto Ford UK, then onto brochures and price lists at the very bottom of the homepage and have a look at the latest pricelist.

14 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Go onto Ford UK, then onto brochures and price lists at the very bottom of the homepage and have a look at the latest pricelist.

I have done already. 

What I’m saying is that’s different to what the dealer told me based on the info they received this week.

So I’m just asking whether ford are likely (or have in the past) changed the spec of a new model a couple of months before cars hit the road (so would assume currently in production) or more likely the dealer has it wrong 

19 minutes ago, JDC14 said:

more likely the dealer has it wrong 

They haven't got a clue

It's possible there are supply issues due to Covid so they've had to adapt specs to allow them to keep building the cars without all the required parts?  Just an idea, I don't actually know!

Do like the look of the digital dash cluster in the new MY focus - I wonder (assuming it’s the same size as the existing cluster) if it will be a possible mod for the MY2020.25 later on when they start to become available!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club