Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo mk3 thermostats

Hipcityni

Hi all, quick question around the two different thermostats for the mk3 mondeo  2007.  One that comes with a sensor and the other that comes without.

I've bought the one with a sensor and after removing the old one, have discovered i should have purchased the one without  a sensor. 

Is it possible to just use the one with the sensor fitted, wouldn't it work I.e. I don't need to send a signal back to state the temp. Or does this sensor need a signal for the thermostat to open

Many in advance 

I had no idea that there are 2 versions for the mk3. The stat works by melting wax at the target temperature and the spring then operates the piston, opening the stat. No electrical signal is required. In future, why not go on www.catcar.info, type in your vin, then you will be able to see the part numbers (finis codes) of the parts that are correct for your car. If yours isn't a genuine Ford part, then be aware that some pattern parts don't have a sufficiently thick gasket supplied with them. A genuine Ford gasket is available seperately. Are you sure your stat is faulty? Tried putting it in a pan of hot water then heating it up to see if it opens? - then let it cool to see if it closes again. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club