Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blow off Valve

ikskarda

Good evening guys. I own a Fiesta 1.0L 125hp model 2013.

My car after 130-140 Km/h makes a noise (like pssshhhhh ) and I guess is the BOV is broken which is very common I guess for the Ecoboost.
I also got a service engine light.At low speed and no push, everything it's fine.

So i was thinking to buy the Turbosmart BOV. They are two types
  1. Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port Valve £167.88
  2. Turbosmart Uprated Recirculating Valve £119.88

Firstly is it worth to buy the 1st which is more expensive ?

Secondly , in the instructions of installation it is written to cut the vacuum hose and make a T connection. Is that really necessary apart from the turbo flatter noise and what are the risks ?

PS: The car has been remapped and has Forge's Primary and Seconday hose, Forge's Crossover pipe, Mountune's Hardpipe and drilled Airbox with Pipercross Panel

Either valve will work, the difference is the more expensive one will dump half the pressure directly out the side of the valve causing the loud "whooshing" dump valve sound that boy racers like, if you want quiet operation go for the cheaper valve (I have this valve and it works really well)

Also you don't have to cut vacuum hoses you can use the standard one already on the car and that's how I fit mine

Thank you for the answer.

I am thinking to go for the recirculating one but in both scenarios i am worried about the T-connection with the new vac line that turbosmart suggests.

Do you experience any problems with the standard hose ? Any power lose, engine light, lag or that the BOV is not working properly ?

I don't care about the noise ( of a Subaru car ) as i already have enough grrrshh from the upgraded induction.

5 minutes ago, ikskarda said:

Thank you for the answer.

I am thinking to go for the recirculating one but in both scenarios i am worried about the T-connection with the new vac line that turbosmart suggests.

Do you experience any problems with the standard hose ? Any power lose, engine light, lag or that the BOV is not working properly ?

I don't care about the noise ( of a Subaru car ) as i already have enough grrrshh from the upgraded induction.

Yeh the noise is just personal preference

As for running using the standard pipe/t-connection I actually asked turbosmart directly as I was in the same boat as you and they confirmed it's perfectly fine running on the standard line, they said the extra line is basically more geared towards cars that don't have them or have non standard setups

Mine has been running fine for months and the response is certainly better using the turbosmart valve

I have searched all internet and watched everything on YouTube regarding this BOV and the answers are 50-50.

My car has a remap and some hardware changes but i just want to replace the faulty, plastic,cheap Ford's valve with something that will last much longer and will work of course much better in the whole setup.

Thank you for your experience and feedback.

Just now, ikskarda said:

I have searched all internet and watched everything on YouTube regarding this BOV and the answers are 50-50.

My car has a remap and some hardware changes but i just want to replace the faulty, plastic,cheap Ford's valve with something that will last much longer.

Thank you for your experience and feedback.

Yeh I got the same that's why I asked turbosmart

This BOV certainly is better than the standard one 👍🏻

Thanks one more time. I will go for it and I hope the engine light will disappear as well and everything will be smooth.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club