Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slot under ride select Mk8 Fiesta

Callard

There is a slot about the size of a credit card along the bottom of the three switches behind the gear-lever on my Fiesta Mk 8. Anyone know what it is for?

9DE14C7C-177F-4CF2-9C1D-CB1E73CA8142.jpeg

Credit card?

They are just coin or card holders to cover up an otherwise blank space. 

Use it to hold the card issued in pay on exit carparks as you drive from the entrance / to the exit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the forum

I asked the same question when I first joined here, as there's no mention of it in the owners manual. The answer people think is either for credit/debit cards or for car park cards, In the past someone could have jokingly said, it's for your AA/RAC card! 😛 The space next to it is handy for loose coins or putting you keys in if you don't want them in your pocket.

• Like 1

That is also a space for parking assistant and parking sensor mute buttons if you have those in your car.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Callard said:

There is a slot about the size of a credit card along the bottom of the three switches behind the gear-lever on my Fiesta Mk 8. Anyone know what it is for?

9DE14C7C-177F-4CF2-9C1D-CB1E73CA8142.jpeg

dash.thumb.jpg.26f6cc399a09844858494caad96cfb08.jpg

Mine looks like this

• Confused 1

Thanks for the suggestions. But, I can’t find any British coins that fit in the slot, and if they did, they would fall out of sight, as the slot is about 3/4 of the length of a credit card. So it’s for a parking ticket, or an AA card. Maybe I should have paid extra for the other buttons,  then this terrible problem would not have occurred!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was an accident during design.  You know when you try to edit a picture and accidentally draw a line in the wrong place...that's exactly what happened here and no-one noticed until after it had gone into production! :biggrin: 

Do Fiesta drivers use a lot of pay & display carparks?  The Mk6 used to have a coin slot above the radio (to cover the blank where the traction control button would have been), this must just be the modern 'card' version!

Also, you should probably clear the ecstasy tabs out of your centre console before posting pics online. :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Do Fiesta drivers use a lot of pay & display car parks?  The Mk6 used to have a coin slot above the radio (to cover the blank where the traction control button would have been), this must just be the modern 'card' version!

I miss not having a clip on the side of the windscreen that my previous car had. It was designed for parking tickets, without having to stick them onto the windscreen.

I'm sure the mk6 had a slot on near the coin slot that was an internal temperature sensor for climate control. I thought the above slot was for that on the mk8. Does anyone know where this temperature sensor is on the mk8?

Fabia holder .jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim H said:

Does anyone know where this temperature sensor is on the mk8?

There's a little grill in the dash by your left knee. :smile: 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Another question

How do u remove those button assembly?

Thanks!