Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello, 2006 fiesta. Wee issue, need help.

ThirdRate

Hi all, 

first off, hello. 

secondly, I hope I’m in the right place for help. I’ve just bought a 2006 fiesta and it has 2 radio keys stuck in where the previous owner tried to remove the radio head unit (6000CD) 

The keys are stuck fast and deep, so I’m wondering if there is any way to pop off the buttons to try and get in amongst it. I’d rather know if it’s an option before so knacker it worse than it already is. 

cheers. 

• Like 1

The keys are designed to lock into the slots until the radio is fully removed.
You need another two keys (always sold in packs of 4 for this reason) to fully disengage the locking claws.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Welcome

beware, these keys often arrive made of very poor soft metal and are just not up to the job. 

21 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

The keys are designed to lock into the slots until the radio is fully removed.
You need another two keys (always sold in packs of 4 for this reason) to fully disengage the locking claws.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I have the other two keys, but the issue is the 2 already in are stuck fast. No amount of wiggling, threatening or questioning the legitimacy of their parentage is getting them to move. 

I’m more wondering if the smart move would be to pop off the buttons to try and get access to the catches to try and remove the keys, or if they key loops are now a permanent feature of the car. 

6 hours ago, isetta said:

beware, these keys often arrive made of very poor soft metal and are just not up to the job. 

Hi,

having extensively wiggled these keys as much as I can, I am unhappy to confirm that they appear to be made from recycled Kit Kat wrappers. 

If I remember rightly you have to fit all four keys and then pull the radio out of its slot after which the keys are automatically released.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club