Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking by speed?

Betamax_man

Can the new MK4 Focus be configured to lock all the doors by speed. This is a useful feature that my other car has out of the factory. I set up my 2013 Titanium Focus (sold due to it being very unlucky) to do this with focccus, but seeing as this program has not been updated for many years, doesn't work with later models.

If you have the correct lead, you can do it using Forscan

Yes I have lead that works with forscan, well it did with previous Focus's I've had. It reads & erases fault codes, but I have never had any luck in doing anything else with it. Couldn't even manage to code injectors in my daughters Focus. Had to use Delphi for that.

If it's, at least, an ELM327, wired (USB), with the toggle switch, it should do it OK.

Make sure the drivers are installed OK for the cable on your PC, that you're using the latest Forscan software and you have got (at least) the free, 2 month extended license.

Yes, it's the wired one with toggle switch from James Simpson I believe. It worked flawlessly with Focccus on quite a few Focus's, could never get Focccus to work on my last 2015MY Focus thou'.

Yes, Focccus won't work on MK3s

Sounds like you should be able to do it OK.

You need to activate it in BCMi and you can also activate it in the IPC so it appears on your cluster menu so you can turn it off.

Works fine on mine, just follow the instructions on Forscan to install and activate extended licence.

Make a back up of any modules BEFORE you make any changes

Thanks, will give it a go when I cam prise my wife out of it 😂 Will let you know how I get on. 👍 

Did you manage to activate this? My OBD reader is a wireless one and works fine for programming on my previous Mazda so should work for the focus shouldn’t it?

On 7/11/2020 at 9:50 PM, richardc1983 said:

Did you manage to activate this? My OBD reader is a wireless one and works fine for programming on my previous Mazda so should work for the focus shouldn’t it?

You can try

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club