Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 infotainment screen sizes

aydamstoidy

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ah! From your posts I assumed you were unhappy with the "Windows 3, circa 1990" look of the standard Sync screen, and were looking for something that looked better.

Don't know I'm afraid, I only had a brief mess about with AA when I first got my car, decided it was no particular benefit to me personally, and deleted it again, but I was only looking at the Sync screen. I reserve the driver information screen for the big digital mph display in the "My View" function, to (hopefully) avoid committing further misdemeanours.

@dtulip8 having used Carplay, are you able to answer Adam's query, Daniel?

Yeah I'm actually a fan of the MK8 Fiesta 8" screen especially coming from a MK7.5 😉 i probably won't do that unofficial update but I was just curious what kind of functionality you get with AA on the instrument cluster

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ah! From your posts I assumed you were unhappy with the "Windows 3, circa 1990" look of the standard Sync screen, and were looking for something that looked better.

Don't know I'm afraid, I only had a brief mess about with AA when I first got my car, decided it was no particular benefit to me personally, and deleted it again, but I was only looking at the Sync screen. I reserve the driver information screen for the big digital mph display in the "My View" function, to (hopefully) avoid committing further misdemeanours.

@dtulip8 having used Carplay, are you able to answer Adam's query, Daniel?

As far as I can remember, the directions from Apple Maps DO NOT show in the central cluster, only the built in nav directions do. However, I believe it may be being added in a future update along with wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, although I may be getting that wrong and knowing Ford it’ll probably be years before that update arrives 😂. Hopefully that clears up any confusion for the time being.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hey. I just bought the 4 inch non touch screen version. Do you think i can swap the module for the 8 inch one? Is there any way to upgrade?  

Cheers

Moving from the 4" to the 8" is a nightmare and probably not worth the effort.

The unofficial upgrade to 3.4 is done without any Forscan intervention nor hardware mods. It takes a while ( several hours) to download to a new, good quality and big enough USB stick on the pc and then can take a good 50 minutes to load into the car. It carries the latest maps and I have done the upgrade with complete success. The amount of data  needed makes it  unlikely to ever be offered as an OTA but it works fine on my 2017 model mk8

Shame. i might check with my local dealer just out of curiosity though. I'll look into a software update i guess. 

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to change from 6.5" to 8" display? Will such a change be plug&play or will I have to change something with forscan?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club