Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Focus Front Suspension Noise

stejan1965

My 2004 Focus has just developed a creaking type noise at relatively low speed (presumably you simply can't hear it at higher speeds).

I took it into KwikFit who acknowledge that there is a noise but can't see anything wrong. So I assume it is safe in that the springs, shockers etc are OK.

But obviously I want it sorted.

any idea where I should start looking for the problem?

Thanks in advance

Steve

My 2004 Focus has just developed a creaking type noise at relatively low speed (presumably you simply can't hear it at higher speeds).

I took it into KwikFit who acknowledge that there is a noise but can't see anything wrong. So I assume it is safe in that the springs, shockers etc are OK.

But obviously I want it sorted.

any idea where I should start looking for the problem?

Thanks in advance

Steve

from experience it can be a sign the springs getting ready to go the only wqay to know is wait till it snaps take it to ford not kwik fit they couldnt find a brothel in amsterdam and dont have a clue half the time it could be a bush drop link etc get some spray white grese from a car store and grease up the bushes on the car and see if it dissapears sometimes they get a bit like any mans wife after 30 years a bit dry and needing some lube lolbiggrin.gif

from experience it can be a sign the springs getting ready to go the only wqay to know is wait till it snaps take it to ford not kwik fit they couldnt find a brothel in amsterdam and dont have a clue half the time it could be a bush drop link etc get some spray white grese from a car store and grease up the bushes on the car and see if it dissapears sometimes they get a bit like any mans wife after 30 years a bit dry and needing some lube lolbiggrin.gif

That thought will remain with me for life! Thanks mate :-)

Actually Kwikfit did mention a drop link so I will check that out.

Steve

That thought will remain with me for life! Thanks mate :-)

Actually Kwikfit did mention a drop link so I will check that out.

Steve

front drop link is a possibility if the bush has gone it would account for the low speed creaking anyway hard thing to trace on the focus sometimes is suspension noises

• 2 weeks later...

front drop link is a possibility if the bush has gone it would account for the low speed creaking anyway hard thing to trace on the focus sometimes is suspension noises

My focus has done this twice now, it is definately the main coil springs, had one go 4 months ago got it done for £90

The other side has just gone and so another £90 on its way to a mate of mine, do not know how much at dealers but it will be a lot.

My focus has done this twice now, it is definately the main coil springs, had one go 4 months ago got it done for £90

The other side has just gone and so another £90 on its way to a mate of mine, do not know how much at dealers but it will be a lot.

not really i had a garage do the spring and tracking for £101 inc vat

Are drop links the bars with ball joints on each end going from the anti roll bar to the strut if so I've been calling them the wrong thin for a while I've been calling them anti roll bar linkages