Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost Power issue

Kee120

Hi I have noticed a loss in power when driving my car. First it started off only when accelerating hard or up hill. Then its gradually got worse to the point now it does this when setting off. It definitely sounds like a miss fire. Been to ford for a full service, had new coil packs fitted and checked a few sensors. I’ve had no fault codes, no engine lights and no smoke. Map sensor was covered in oil and there was oil in the intake pipe just before the turbo. Anyone got any advice or anything that may help please.

Hi Kee120, I have a 2016 model, last year I was having same problem as you no warning lights, no fault codes showing etc, the garage I went to ran a pressure test overnight and found a leak coming from in the radiator somewhere.... it was then reported It was a boost leak, they replaced the boost hose and all is fine nearly a year later, hope this helps - M. 

Hi MattB95, thank you for your reply. Have you got images of the pipe you replaced please

I don’t sorry, it was all done with the warranty on the car at the garage, I know a lot of people with our car replace the standard boost hose pipes with performance brands just because of the reliability, hope this has helped - M 

PCV system worth checking, PCV valves and hoses

Got to love dealer approach, change parts and hope for the best. I'd suspect a leak somewhere after the turbo, hose most likely. Put the hood up and get someone to rev it - you can hear a leak better than from behind the wheel.

I had a turbo Saab that lost power, felt like turbo had gone. It was the flexi exhaust section pre turbo, so loosing pressure before it got the tubo spinning and it had quite an impact on the perormance. Cost about £200 all in diagnosed and fitted at a garage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club