Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3.5 boot light? LED replacement required

richardc1983

Hey,

What is everyone using to upgrade the boot light? The 3.5 only comes with one boot light and where the other would be is a blanking plate so want to change the one dull one for an LED equivalent.

Thanks

Yep, same as Mk2, worthwhile, cheap and noticeable upgrade!

1514096404_BootLED.thumb.JPG.6b2ef983e01573749509aa8bb6f277b6.JPG

I've got some of these in LED but believe they are 7w.

In my mk2 I just got an led strip and spliced into the wiring and it was very bright you could see it for miles 😂 

Does the Mk3.5 surely not just have the same as the Mk3, ie 1 light each side of the boot?

I'm thinking of doing the LED replacement on these as well myself

1 minute ago, TimJ said:

Does the Mk3.5 surely not just have the same as the Mk3, ie 1 light each side of the boot?

I'm thinking of doing the LED replacement on these as well myself

The early ones did, but they got rid of one later in the production life, to save cost.

If you want twin lamps you need to fit a small harness :-

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ford+focus+mk3+twin+boot+lights&&view=detail&mid=4C4B7062B736A7DD53BD4C4B7062B736A7DD53BD&&FORM=VDRVRV

PS the bloke that did the above video also has one showing how to make the harness, and quite a few others showing LED lighting upgrades on a RS Focus

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daveybm said:

What a fabulous 'how to' video, all YouTubes should be like this though I'd expect nothing less from a guy from Norn Iron... 😀

Does anyone know how to replace the glove box light? Does the box have to come out? 

7 minutes ago, richardc1983 said:

Does anyone know how to replace the glove box light? Does the box have to come out? 

On my Mk2, yes, it comes out, doubt if the design can change that much?

17 hours ago, StephenFord said:

On my Mk2, yes, it comes out, doubt if the design can change that much?

This is on the 3.5 though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richardc1983 said:

This is on the 3.5 though.

mmm... judging by the other thread you started, it appears that the design hasn't really changed LOL

I had the gloveboxes out of both our Mk2.5 and Mk3 to get access to fit piggback fuses for the dashcams. The Mk2.5 glovebox was a lot more straightforward than the Mk3, on which everything seems to have been designed to make life particularly difficult. Don't get me wrong - I like my Mk3 but if I got behind the cretins who designed it I'd boot them to the end of the road and back.

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, gabrielled said:

The alternator on this model is too weak for LED lights

You do know that a benefit of LED lights is they take less current than conventional lamps ?

Or is this a case of you just wanting to advertise American domestic lights on a thread that is over a year old ?

55 minutes ago, unofix said:

You do know that a benefit of LED lights is they take less current than conventional lamps ?

Or is this a case of you just wanting to advertise American domestic lights on a thread that is over a year old ?

Interesting that the post you quoted has now been deleted, very odd,  joined a year ago, with 3 posts credited. Very odd indeed, you still got that 'sherlock' pipe? Methinks needs more investigating...

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have a focus mk3 and my boot lights are not turning off when I close it, so I’ve took them out, this is a common problem where the boot release doesn’t work, would I need to replace the boot catch with another one? I’ve tried spraying it with a lubricant to see if it works and it’s still the same 

thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club