Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One Touch Windows - Open But Not Close?

Batch

Hi,

Asking on behalf of a guest staying with us!

Her Fusion (07 plate, not sure of the model) has one touch window open. i.e. you press the window open button once and release, then it fully opens automatically.

But there seems to be no corresponding one touch close. You have to leave your finger on the button all the way up!

Is this correct operation, or is there a reset procedure to allow the auto close to work? If so what is it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Asking on behalf of a guest staying with us!

Her Fusion (07 plate, not sure of the model) has one touch window open. i.e. you press the window open button once and release, then it fully opens automatically.

But there seems to be no corresponding one touch close. You have to leave your finger on the button all the way up!

Is this correct operation, or is there a reset procedure to allow the auto close to work? If so what is it?

Thanks in advance!

that is correct they dont have one touch close only open same on all fords even my old vw was the sdame

that is correct they dont have one touch close only open same on all fords even my old vw was the sdame

My MKII Focus has one touch open and one touch close on all four windows.

Thanks for the replies. That clears it up.

My old MKIII Mondeo had auto close on all 4 windows, but needed a reset after the battery had been removed. So I just assumed this was the same. Oh well, I'm sure she'll be able to cope with the physical demands of holding the window button for a couple more seconds :)

Thanks for the replies. That clears it up.

My old MKIII Mondeo had auto close on all 4 windows, but needed a reset after the battery had been removed. So I just assumed this was the same. Oh well, I'm sure she'll be able to cope with the physical demands of holding the window button for a couple more seconds smile.gif

only ones with the one touch close have a thick whte arrow on them i know my mk1 doesnt have one touch close

• 2 weeks later...

Can the one touch be fitted to the MK1 Fusion ?

I assume its more than just a new switch ?

Can the one touch be fitted to the MK1 Fusion ?

I assume its more than just a new switch ?

1 touch can be fitted by changing the switch only if all 4 windows are electric and have global closing ie they go up themself when yiu lock the car

if it has one touch opening i would have thought it would have one touch close, try the reset which is close the window fully,release the switch for a second and then press the switch up again for a couple of seconds.

if it has one touch opening i would have thought it would have one touch close, try the reset which is close the window fully,release the switch for a second and then press the switch up again for a couple of seconds.

sadly no 1 touch close was only added to vehicles with all 4 electric windows i have only electric fronts with one touch open but not close any car that has it the switch will have a double arrow showing to open and to close otherwise it has a double arrow for one touch open and a single white arrow for manual closing

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I had the same problem as my focus after the battery was replaced. The solution is very simple:

Go to each door (don't do this from the driver's control) and do as follows:

1. Open the window by pushing and holding the window button until the window is wide open.

2. Close the window by holding the button until it is closed.

Now you can open and close the windows with one touch.

That's normal. My mother's 1998 Rover 216 SLi has One-Touch driver's-side window, but going up you have to hold the button.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club