Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Trim

wlshyd

Hi all,

have just put a deposit down on my first Ford, an 06 Zetec 2.0 TDCi in silver with 62k on the clock. Lovely motor and in great condition but i am wanting to either replace the grey boot-lid trim and the grey door trims or spray them.

Does anyone have a chrome trim on the boot lid, and if so does it look ok? If not i was wondering if anyone has successfully just removed them and sprayed them with a regular tin of spray paint?

Finally, how simple are they to remove without snapping the locating pins of the trim itself?

Any advice would be great. This is about all i want to do to the car for the time being, the paint is in great nic and the car only has one previous lady owner and has been looked after quite well from what i can tell. HPI comes up clear and no black smoke from the exhaust would suggest all is well under the bonnet. I am kinda new to diesels though as i have just sold my 2.0 Renaultsport Clio to join the Ford family.

Test drove a few cars including Fabia vRSs, Golf TDi and A3 TDi (both circa. 2002-2003) and the Focus was by far and away the best and nicest to drive, whilst being just as punchy in-gear despite the weight disadvantage, but mostly after having RS Clio's for 4 years the additional space and comfort is a !Removed! god send!

cheers

Dan

Also are there any generic websites that people tend to use to order bits and bobs for their Focus'. For the clios i knew to go to either k-tecracing or GDI for parts, be it OEM parts or performance parts, but i wondered if people go to any specific, good webpages to get parts for the blue oval?

cheers

Also are there any generic websites that people tend to use to order bits and bobs for their Focus'. For the clios i knew to go to either k-tecracing or GDI for parts, be it OEM parts or performance parts, but i wondered if people go to any specific, good webpages to get parts for the blue oval?

cheers

euro car parts ford allen parts eBay are some places as for the trim the chrome trim tends to cause the rear to get rusty apparently best place to get bits like that are a scrapyard youll get them for a few pounds where as ford will likely charge i expect about 30 quid or more as for side trim by far the easiest way is to mask the area off and spray them while thay are on if you mean they have gone grey instaed of black then buy back to black showroom gloss restorer 4.99 from Halfords a few coats of thet and they will soon be bklack

For the love of god you've not even got it and you want to wreck it :P just get some back to black on all the darker trim peices and you can also get some that can be used inside and outside so give it a good caking in that should make it look like a 10 rather then 06.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/xindex.php

http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=58&osCsid=d665e639742052db76d4adb53d08b7cf

Best ones ive got bookmarked for MKII's

Mike

Hi all,

have just put a deposit down on my first Ford, an 06 Zetec 2.0 TDCi in silver with 62k on the clock.

Sounds like you have a nice motor there. Yes the Focus is a fantastic drive, and like you say the interior space for the size of the car is amazing. Last three cars for me have been, Focus, Volvo S40, and back to a Focus. The Volvo was 5" longer but had 3" less width, all round the Focus had more cabin space.

Enjoy

thanks for the replies folks, i'll be sure to check all of those out!

Yeah i've been chatting to Mike about the car it it does seem to be a great buy, i was expecting to have to settle for at least an 80k example, i was this close (very close! lol) to putting a deposit down on an 05 black 87k Titanium, but then realised i wasnt getting that much more kit than on a well-specced Zetec and it's done 25k more on the clock! Bit of a no-brainer really!

Yeah i said to Mike about the additional space being a god-send. The Clio has been great, and actually pretty usable for such a relatively tiny car, but the Focus is hoooooooge in comparison. I do a lot of hiking and mountain biking so am really looking forward to getting some good roof bars to enable bikes to go on the roof. At the moment me and my mates have to wait for my carpet-fitting mate to have the use of his enormous van to enable us to go riding which is a royal pain!

Anyway thanks for the info, i'll go take a look once i have the car but for now i'll just enjoy that good ol' feeling of waiting for a new car!

cheers

Dan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club