Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't find "cheaper" boot sill/bumper protector for mk4 estate

Pateksan

Hello, I am struggling to find a boot sill/bumper protector for mk4 estate (2019 1.5 diesel 120BHP, basic ZETEC trim FWIM).

I found two basic options:

The problem is that according to eBay none of the cheap ones fit my model. It's not really a new or rare model, and the shape of the sill is reasonably simple. It's a northgate work car, northgate or my employer won't fork out for a proper one, and I don't fancy it either as it could be swapped for a different one again at short notice (or I could have it for four years).

I would love some suggestions for how to provide some protection to the boot sill/bumper for somewhere nearer to £7 than £50.

eBay item number:143604443250
give this a try 

Thanks. If anyone looks at this thread after that listing ends, it's for a "boot liner sheet tray mat". It's a decent workaround, but only that - a workaround.

As it happens, the photo in the listing shows the liner in a car which has a proper black plastic protector on the boot sill/bumper - and ideally it's one of those I'd like to find. Just not for £50ish where single-figure options exist for other cars.

If it helps, I don't mind cutting a "universal" protector to size if anyone can recomment a decent one.

Mk4 is sweet (blue car in photo below - credit to ridc.org.uk), but the plastic of bumper is glossy and a magnet for scuffs and chips.

The layout on mk3 (silver in photo below - credit to ridc.org.uk) was much better for a work car, the plastic of the bumper surface was matt and much more forgiving.

s-l1600.jpg

3836_5261_12_5261.jpg

4234_5832_13_5832.jpg

eBay item number:
give this a try on eBay. loads to look at but as it`s only a hire car from northgate and not your own car i wouldn`t bother if they don`t bother

Thanks, that looks much more like it. Definitely need to do some more looking. Would be impressed if it happens to fit mine as well as the Golf in the photo.

The problem is they might suddenly become very interested in the condition of the bumper when I'm returning it.

Naturally, if anyone has any more thoughts they will be very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

My company decided to try the cheap one from china first.

But if anyone is looking for these in the future, there are actually lots of official options from Ford:

https://shop.ford.co.uk/collections/bumper-protection?_=pf&pf_t_vehicle_code=Filter_VehicleCode%3A VLGE0&pf_t_vehicle_code=Filter_VehicleCode%3A All_VehicleCode

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club