Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Virus

eddiek

Just came on to this site and keep getting this popup asking me to update my Flash Player.   If you see this don't do it as Avast reports this as a virus when checked. 

virus.jpg

Its a browser hijack virus doing the rounds, there's also one that keeps opening new windows asking you to partake in a Virgin Media customer survey. Took me ages to get rid of.

@Steve @Ford Owners' Club

Try using something like Ublock Origin (more powerful) or Adguard (easier to use) browser extensions to blocks ads/trackers, etc. Or increase your browsers "tracker strictness".

Then disable it, or whitelist this website (and others you want to support) when it is fixed. (Or premium membership also would probably stop it if it is a rogue ad, and support the site if you keep the ad blocker active).

If you continue to get the popups with adguard or ublock installed, it's more likely something on your computer itself.

PC checked and clean.  Only happening on this site.  

On 7/16/2020 at 1:34 PM, eddiek said:

PC checked and clean.  Only happening on this site.  

I checked your screenshot and it seems you are on another website when that notice appears, check the url bar in the screenshot.

However, i will look further in to this just in case we have an issue.

57 minutes ago, Steve said:

I checked your screenshot and it seems you are on another website when that notice appears, check the url bar in the screenshot.

However, i will look further in to this just in case we have an issue.

It was a redirect, exactly the same issue I was having.  The forum would suddenly and randomly change to that page making it totally unusable.

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It was a redirect, exactly the same issue I was having.  The forum would suddenly and randomly change to that page making it totally unusable.

would you happen to have an example url? or even the front of the forums would be the same?

Its definatly not in the code of the site, google also picks up on malware and would issue warnings, i am also going through google webmaster and running some tests

10 minutes ago, Steve said:

would you happen to have an example url? or even the front of the forums would be the same?

Its definatly not in the code of the site, google also picks up on malware and would issue warnings, i am also going through google webmaster and running some tests

I searched part of an URL (tak.620ehehene.com) to find this discussion - https://www.sporcle.com/groups/topics/76fd3629b592? which seems to be exactly the same thing.

I didn't save a full URL I'm afraid but I'm almost certain this link on that forum would be the same, the start of the URL is definitely the same.

https://performsophisticateduberapplication.com/9UpQOKxmFxg5hoJK7kxfbYIFdkab2TJsROQ4OR_377E?cid=wt21ojg39b5lsdg0im0706di&sid=google

Hasn't happened to me again since though, and I haven't seen any other reports on here either, hopefully @eddiek can let us know whether it's stopped for him too?

I have been informed there was an issue last week with Edge that has now been resolved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve said:

I have been informed there was an issue last week with Edge that has now been resolved. 

Ah that's good to know!  How weird that it only affected some sites.  I used various other sites all week without issue.  Would it still have been an ad on here (presumably the same ads are used on a few sites) that caused it?

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Ah that's good to know!  How weird that it only affected some sites.  I used various other sites all week without issue.  Would it still have been an ad on here (presumably the same ads are used on a few sites) that caused it?

more than likely. have seen one similar about 5 years ago... last for a day then dissapears.

• Thanks 1

Just back from time away. All seems ok now.  

• Like 1

That's the redirect happening again @Steve. This time on both Chrome and Edge and only on FOC site. This time it is a false BT survey and redirects to eu.retailbrandcanada.xyz. No problem on Android phone though.

Update on this. While on FOC using my phone I just got a message to say that a redirect was blocked from httpswww.lijits.com

On 8/1/2020 at 1:16 PM, Tizer said:

Update on this. While on FOC using my phone I just got a message to say that a redirect was blocked from httpswww.lijits.com

hi John

if you see this again are you able to take a screenshot please mate, thanks

13 minutes ago, Steve said:

hi John

if you see this again are you able to take a screenshot please mate, thanks

No problem. I did a full scan on my Laptop and turned my pop-up blocker to the highest level and it did not happen after that but that was several hours after I was having the problems.

I did find it strange that Chrome was giving me a notification on my phone as well, that is something that I have never had before since I got my first smart phone.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club