Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New ST-Line X estate owner (hopefully)

Frowma

Hi guys,

I'm off to my local dealer to test an ST Line X tomorrow morning. Not had a new (for new read different, this will be used) car for a long, long time.

I'd been toying with the idea of a MK3.5 ST but I'm trying to be sensible!

The car I'm looking to buy is a Ford Direct Estate, got every option ticked apart from the powered tailgate, 1.5 petrol, the dealers doesn't have an estate for me to test but they've got a hatch so should be a similar driving experience.

Just thought I'd pop by and say hello, you may well be seeing more of me quite soon!

Has anyone else bought a Ford Direct car, apparenlty I can't test or even see the particular car as it doesn't get delivered to the dealer until it is bought! This one only has 3500 miles on and is 11 months old.

Thanks,

Martin

Not through Ford Direct, but I just bought a used car unseen for the first time ever, similar age but slightly higher mileage than yours. I was nervous that I hadn't had the chance to see it but It should be as new condition at that age so just like ordering a "proper" new car.  I guess its important to agree the exact spec, options and if anything else is included eg. I have heard of cases where the jack and even the spare wheel have been taken out, so make sure that is agreed - if it comes any different it gives you a basis to argue with the dealer.  All went well in my case, even buying in a different country and driving 1500 km to get home.

Ford direct cars are often ex Ford management company cars (V5 will show this ) that are sold on after 11months ( all a dodge by Ford and other manufacturers to inflate sales figures). They are sent to Ford refurbishment centres where they are checked serviced and any defects/faults rectified before being sold by dealers. I have had several over the years  without any problems. Last one I had only had 5k on clock and looked like new.

I bought a Ford Direct Cougar V6 back in 2000. 10k miles 18 months old - managers car. No problems. Bought unseen over the phone and collected same day from main dealer.

Plus there is a 30 day exchange plan if you're not happy.

Estate means multi😡link😡suspension 🤬🤬🤬

why Ford!?! Why!?

Enjoy the newish car mate . I’m sure it’ll drive really well .😊

probably better than the hatch ....

Well I've done a deal and the car will be here sometime this week, hopefully Thursday as I've the day off 😎

She's an August '19, chrome blue with just over 3k miles.

Dealer was a cheeky fecker, we'd agreed a price, didn't talk about any add-ons at all, came out with the invoice for me to pay and had bunged on a £149 admin fee, £600 gold star 2 year extended warranty and £399 paint protection plan 😨 Oh and a £20 fuel top up. To say I wasn't best pleased was an understatement. I asked about the admin fee, he was wittering on about HPI check, valet, full service and MOT on all used cars. I asked why they'd HPI and valet when the car is coming from Ford direct, plus it's not even a year old so doesn't need a service or MOT!

I got the old......"let me talk to my manager", came back with everything knocked off and said they'd put a tank of petrol in.

Once that was over, I then got the "how about gap and wheel/tyre insurance". 🙄

I must admit I'm toying with the wheel and tyre insurance, 10 wheel repairs over 3 years, as the STX has the diamond cut alloys I know they'll be dead expensive to refurb. I've looked online and the only one I found specifically says diamond cuts are not included.

600 quid for the warranty???   Ford direct site implies the 2 year warranty is standard so I'd not be happy paying.  If it is only a year old the balance of the manufacturer warranty should transfer to you.

Ah, this was an extra two taking it up to 5 all together, but it wasn't a Ford one, it was the dealers own 5* Gold warranty!

• Like 1

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan.

I got a similar estate a year ago - a new model (mk4) estate, 6 months old, TitX spec with a load of extras (HUD, park assist, smart cruise control, etc) already installed from Ford Direct. I don't remember having to buy it first though before they shipped it across from the other side of the country, although I did have to pay a deposit (I think it was £200 or something) which was refundable on test-driving (I guess that just stops people playing silly buggers and ordering cars and then never turning up). It's a good way to get a nearly new car for a lot less than the new price. I think I worked out that I saved about £10,000 on the new price which is a fair wedge! Ford Direct cars come with a 2 year warranty but since the new Focus has 3 years from first registration, you're covered by the remainder of that, you also get 2 years European breakdown assistance and the remainder of the 2 years live traffic info subscription. It's not the most exciting car to drive, hopefully your ST Line X will be a bit more fun, but it is very practical with loads of room up front, in the back and in the boot.

9 hours ago, Dark Andy said:

a lot less than the new price. I think I worked out that I saved about £10,000 on the new price which is a fair wedge! .

Is that the saving off the new catalogue price, including cost of all options?  I know most people work off a monthly PCP payment which includes all kinds of jigery pokery to get to the final number, but what kind of discount off catalogue price is usually offered as a starting pojnt?

What is the Ford Direct I keep reading on here?  Is it different from the Approved Used Fords at the local dealer?

Approved used tend to be the cars that the dealer has had back in trade in.  Two days after we traded in the missus mk8 Fiesta it was on Allen Ford's website and in the dealer forecourt.

Ford direct is central stock, could be ex lease or fleet, but they often seem to be high spec with lots of options ticked.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

What is the Ford Direct I keep reading on here?  Is it different from the Approved Used Fords at the local dealer?

If you go to the Ford site, click on *Shop* then *Approved Used* you should get here:

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-locate/approved-used/approved-used-cars

Pop your post code in and distance then you'll get loads of options to search with, if you click the Ford Direct only box then that is all you'll get. These are (As Comares2001) said cars that are from Ford themselves and are nearly new refurbs in a lot of cases. A lot of them are really highly specced up with options.

This is the car I really wanted, even though it shows it is available the dealer told me they sold it a while back and are confused as to why it is still there!

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-and-locate/approved-used/approved-used-cars/results#/vehicleDetails/3845708/46105AA

Ford dealers will only have a Ford Direct car on their forecourt if they've bought it themselves or it's a car that someone didn't like after a test drive. It doesn't really matter which dealer you go to to get a Ford Direct car as they'll be transported to your dealer of choice.

My dealer has told me the deposit is non-refuncable but I'm taking that with a massive pinch of salt. They've got a big red stamp to use on their invoices, made me laugh that!  In hindsight they seem like a bunch of shysters and I shall not be returning once the car is mine for any servicing. The deal I've got isn't bad but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired and I feel dirty dealing with them, or perhaps it's just the particularly oily salesman I'm dealing with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to add to what Dark Andy has said, I've just been on the Ford website and built a car as close to the spec of mine as I can (they don't make the 1.5 petrol anymore). the OTR for a ST-Line X with every option apart from hands free tailgate is £33,555 and that is with the 1.0 non hybrid engine but with the auto box, the hybrid with would be closer to the power of the 1.5 but doesn't have the auto box takes the price down to £32,745. I've paid £21.5k so at least £11k saving on the new OTR at full list.

However....if you go to nationwide-cars then you can still price up a 1.5 petrol and they reckon they could do it for £27,024 OTR.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 10:38 AM, Guy Heaton said:

Approved used tend to be the cars that the dealer has had back in trade in.  Two days after we traded in the missus mk8 Fiesta it was on Allen Ford's website and in the dealer forecourt.

Ford direct is central stock, could be ex lease or fleet, but they often seem to be high spec with lots of options ticked.

Spot on. Both our last two Focus have been Ford Direct cars used internally by staff. Big savings on list price if you can live with not being the first registered owner.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club