Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recirc button

dtulip8

Does anyone know why the recirc button in our Fiesta is always on.  Comes on when you start the car, and when you select the direction to face or turn on AC. The Max AC setting is not on.

Lol never mind I’ve sorted it 😂

• Haha 1

I always thought this was strange as on my wife's grand c max when you set it to max it defaults to recirc but on my fiesta my I put my one on max it does not put recirc on. The only difference in the 2 units is the fiesta has climate control and the c max does not max cold not max heat

I had it on the bottom of the cold dial, so although the max AC bit wasn’t lit, it still shoved the recirc bit on. Moved the temp up slightly and it turned off.

I presume it cools faster in recirc mode as the car is not sucking in hot outside air. Also If you notice when you select reverse gear, it also goes into recirc mode (probably without a light showing). This is done so the car doesn't suck in any exhaust gases.

As a passenger in my brothers various cars over the years I have found the recirc button quite useful to sneak on when breaking wind. That way he gets the benefit more than once.

• Haha 3

Haha. Unfortunately though it turns out I haven’t solved it, it’s started doing it again today.

• Sad 1

I think it’s temperature related, it seems to stop when the outside temperature drops below 25c

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club