Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Focus ST

shawty1984

Hey, just wondering if the Focus ST MK4 comes with park assist? Or is it just on the lower models? Also, if you set it for sport or track mode, will it stay in those modes when switched off then on or does it revert to normal mode again?

I believe the new Focus STs come with pretty much everything as standard now as they've got rid of the ST1, ST2 and ST3 spec and just have the one spec model. There are a few optional extras like sunroof and heads up display but pretty sure park assist is standard. Also yes the Drive modes revert every time the engine is switched off.

Thanks for the help, was hoping the drive modes would not revert. 

Has anyone tried park assist, is it any good?

The park assist is decent and gets the job done, I find parking myself is quicker but it's a cool toy none the less

I bet it's hard to trust on the first go of it. 

My ST doesn’t have active park assist, just front and rear sensors and rear camera. It did come with HUDisplay and Performance Pack though 😄

37 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

My ST doesn’t have active park assist, just front and rear sensors and rear camera. It did come with HUDisplay and Performance Pack though 😄

What are the buttons around the gear stick? I think there is 5 of them. HUD, ESC, stop-start?, 

5 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

What are the buttons around the gear stick? I think there is 5 of them. HUD, ESC, stop-start?, 

I have four around the gearstick. HUD, Park Assist, Auto Start/Stop and ESC.

No park assist on mine either.
It's an option.
Performance pack, front & rear sensors with camera and HUD also.
I do like the lane assist, active cruise and collision alert.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

I bet it's hard to trust on the first go of it. 

I have it on mine as it can with the camera.  Tried it once, bottled it, not tried it since.

3 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

No park assist on mine either.
It's an option.
Performance pack, front & rear sensors with camera and HUD also.
I do like the lane assist, active cruise and collision alert.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Its not an option on the ST. Well its not listed in the brochure nor can you pick it when you build the ST.

Drive modes revert because it must be in its default engine map that passed homologation every time the engine starts. It’s just a legal requirement. Not ford being awkward. 

It doesn’t bother me personally I drive it in normal most of the time. I bought it to be my Jekyll and Hyde car. It’s mostly a normal focus for my commute but I can hit sport when I want to have fun. Although still good for overtaking even in normal 😁

Park assist not standard or as an option as it doesn’t have the extra side sensors. It only has the 4 front and 4 rear facing sensors. Park assist has an additional 4 side sensors, facing out near each wheel. 

TBH not sure why you’d want it. I had it on my mk3 (non st) and never had the nerve to use it. Don’t trust it not to ruin my alloys. I do like having the front and rear sensors, combined with the significantly better turning circle than the mk3/3.5 ST it rarely feels any less manoeuvreable/park able than my fiesta. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Drive modes revert because it must be in its default engine map that passed homologation every time the engine starts. It’s just a legal requirement. Not ford being awkward. 

It doesn’t bother me personally I drive it in normal most of the time. I bought it to be my Jekyll and Hyde car. It’s mostly a normal focus for my commute but I can hit sport when I want to have fun. Although still good for overtaking even in normal 😁

Park assist not standard or as an option as it doesn’t have the extra side sensors. It only has the 4 front and 4 rear facing sensors. Park assist has an additional 4 side sensors, facing out near each wheel. 

TBH not sure why you’d want it. I had it on my mk3 (non st) and never had the nerve to use it. Don’t trust it not to ruin my alloys. I do like having the front and rear sensors, combined with the significantly better turning circle than the mk3/3.5 ST it rarely feels any less manoeuvreable/park able than my fiesta. 

On the reviews I've seen, the ST has the side sensors and I've also seen the PA button near the gear stick. 

Is this a case of Ford have now removed it on one of the revisions? People in here are saying they do have it. 

2 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

On the reviews I've seen, the ST has the side sensors and I've also seen the PA button near the gear stick. 

Is this a case of Ford have now removed it on one of the revisions? People in here are saying they do have it. 

Perhaps it’s just the UK market they don’t fit the side sensors to the ST. 

Not all the replies in this thread are ST owners. Just mk4 focus. 

5 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

I have four around the gearstick. HUD, Park Assist, Auto Start/Stop and ESC.

You said your ST doesn't have park assist? 

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I have it on mine as it can with the camera.  Tried it once, bottled it, not tried it since.

Do you have a Focus ST? 

18 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Perhaps it’s just the UK market they don’t fit the side sensors to the ST. 

Not all the replies in this thread are ST owners. Just mk4 focus. 

That's why I named it Focus ST. If they don't have an ST, I wish they would make that clear. 

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

Do you have a Focus ST? 

No sorry I just meant I have it on my Focus.

Guessing the ST doesn't have park assist then. Wonder when they've changed it. I've watched a couple of YouTube reviews that definitely had the parking sensors on the side of the car and it seemed to be a UK spec. 

Those with an ST, what buttons do you have around the gear stick?

12 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Guessing the ST doesn't have park assist then. Wonder when they've changed it. I've watched a couple of YouTube reviews that definitely had the parking sensors on the side of the car and it seemed to be a UK spec. 

Those with an ST, what buttons do you have around the gear stick?

ESC,  Auto stop/start, parking sensors, HUD and 2 blanks

5 minutes ago, chrikee said:

ESC,  Auto stop/start, parking sensors, HUD and 2 blanks

Cheers, I'm wondering if the park assist was only on the 'press' cars. 

I followed the spec. for the new ST quite closely from its introduction, and to the best of my knowledge, it never came with automatic parking. Buttons around the gear lever exactly as described above. There are no additional sensors on the sides which you would have for auto parking, and the ones for the Cross Traffic Alert are hidden behind the bumper.

1 hour ago, Waggy said:

I followed the spec. for the new ST quite closely from its introduction, and to the best of my knowledge, it never came with automatic parking. Buttons around the gear lever exactly as described above. There are no additional sensors on the sides which you would have for auto parking, and the ones for the Cross Traffic Alert are hidden behind the bumper.

The sensors were definitely on the press cars as can be seen in the two videos I'll post. 

50 seconds in.

1.06 in. 

58 seconds in though not in the UK by the looks of it. 

zzo4ybunnaxies5kn2rj1o49dx4isvfh.jpg

And as can be seen in this last picture, a button which looks to show park assist. So at some point, the ST seemed to have had park assist. 

14-ford-focus-st-2019-fd-centre-console.

6 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

You said your ST doesn't have park assist? 

It doesn’t have active park assist, button just turns off front & rear sensors.

3 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

It doesn’t have active park assist, button just turns off front & rear sensors.

Yeah but you said it didn't have park assist but had the park assist button. The park assist button and parking sensors button are two different buttons.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club