Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2.5 stock speaker differences (3M5T-18808-AD vs 3M5T-18808-AE)

RyotBabi

Hi all, 

New member (and new Focus owner) here. Have already learned a lot about the car from reading this forum over the last couple of weeks, so thanks for the info so far. 

My newly purchased 2010 MK2.5 Focus Titanium has what I believe to be a dead NS/F door speaker, so I'm trying to source a stock replacement to do a straight swap. 

The one I've taken out has the code 3M5T-18808-AE on the back, but most of the replacements I'm seeing on eBay etc. have the code 3M5T-18808-AD. Is anyone able to tell me what the difference is, if any, and whether they're completely interchangeable? The wattage and ohms are the same. 

Also interested to know if a speaker from the MK2 ST would fit in easily too? Might give me more options.

Cheers in advance. 

These Speakers would be the same apart from maybe minor tweaks that you wouldn't notice. The reason yours is a code ending is E is because it's a later version of the D speaker. I wouldn't know about straight swap from MK2 sorry. Hope this helps

• Like 2

The 3M5T is the most important part for finding a replacement, I doubt MK2 Focus would be the same.

Then just make sure it's an "A" level speaker, the "D" means the improvement/change level

Try C-Max or Kuga (3M5T isn't a focus as that was an 11 Model year so it's shared with something)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RyotBabi said:

Hi all, 

New member (and new Focus owner) here. Have already learned a lot about the car from reading this forum over the last couple of weeks, so thanks for the info so far. 

My newly purchased 2010 MK2.5 Focus Titanium has what I believe to be a dead NS/F door speaker, so I'm trying to source a stock replacement to do a straight swap. 

The one I've taken out has the code 3M5T-18808-AE on the back, but most of the replacements I'm seeing on ebay etc. have the code 3M5T-18808-AD. Is anyone able to tell me what the difference is, if any, and whether they're completely interchangeable? The wattage and ohms are the same. 

Also interested to know if a speaker from the MK2 ST would fit in easily too? Might give me more options.

Cheers in advance. 

Hi, 

I've gone full aftermarket on my 2010 mk2.5 focus fitted Speakers amplifiers, headunit, reverse camera, roof monitor and tv tuner which is great for self isolating lunch breaks at work, 

In my opinion for the level of effort your going to be at changing the speaker or speakers; your much better off to change for an 6.5" aftermarket speaker, you just need to fit some mk2 focus front aftermarket speaker adapters.

You may like my guides link: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/ 

• Like 1

Thanks all. Given the low prices of the earlier model it sounds like that's the easiest way to go to get all of my sound back.

And cheers, Lenny - that's an amazing collection of resources you've built! I have thought about upgrading everything as audio's important to me; for now I just want to get the basics sorted but I may well go all out when there's a bit more spare money around. The rivets are already drilled out so it should be straightforward getting the door panel back off and a new speaker in 👍

3 hours ago, RyotBabi said:

Thanks all. Given the low prices of the earlier model it sounds like that's the easiest way to go to get all of my sound back.

And cheers, Lenny - that's an amazing collection of resources you've built! I have thought about upgrading everything as audio's important to me; for now I just want to get the basics sorted but I may well go all out when there's a bit more spare money around. The rivets are already drilled out so it should be straightforward getting the door panel back off and a new speaker in 👍

The mk2 and mk2.5 focus ranges from 2005-2011 that part of the car is identical on all focus 2005-2011 the mk2.5 has different exterior panels and a few items changed on the interior plastics but the core elements are the same from 2005-2011 seat rails main interior panel Speakers, windows switches and mechanical's all identical, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

The mk2 and mk2.5 focus ranges from 2005-2011 that part of the car is identical on all focus 2005-2011 the mk2.5 has different exterior panels and a few items changed on the interior plastics but the core elements are the same from 2005-2011 seat rails main interior panel speakers, windows switches and mechanical's all identical 

This is really useful to know, cheers. Plenty of parts around in that case.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:05 PM, RyotBabi said:

This is really useful to know, cheers. Plenty of parts around in that case.

Also, the factory Speakers are riveted into the door and in my opinion if you're going to go to the trouble of drilling out the old rivets to remove the broken speaker, you might as well fitted something better.  I just went for some £25 JVC's and despite being cheap, they still sound better than the factory ones and because the cone isn't paper they should be more durable.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old one here, but sure enough, as @BigLen and @FatHead1979 suggested a year ago (to the week!), it's time to actually upgrade rather than replace the front Speakers, as the left one's gone again.

I've got the adapters and wiring looms already, so just need to settle on some 6.5-inch Speakers (smallish budget, up to around £50). Now, seeing as the factory tweeters still work (and replacing them seems like a hassle), should I be buying component Speakers to work with them? Or will I get better results from disconnecting the factory tweeters and just putting coaxials in on both sides?

I like the music clear and clean at mid-volume, but I'm not looking for thumping bass or any kind of studio quality. So whatever I get will just be powered by the factory Blaupunkt Travelpilot FX (can't find output specs on that, but guessing it'll be small). To be honest, I've been happy enough with the stock speakers when they're all working, so as long as any new ones sound better than those, I'll be happy.

Any guidance/experiences welcome.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club