Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED to show car is alarmed

LizP

Hi, I am on your sister new Puma forum and was looking for help.Does the Fiesta have a red LED to show when the alarm is set and if so where is it? A similar post on our page has yielded no answers and there is no mention in the handbook. 

If you are talking Mk 8, no it doesn't. Baffled me for ages when I first got mine!😃

• Like 1

I've had 2006, 2009 and 2013 models and they all had the red light to show the alarm was on.   My current 2017 model doesn't.   I wonder why Ford dropped this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bobr said:

I've had 2006, 2009 and 2013 models and they all had the red light to show the alarm was on.   My current 2017 model doesn't.   I wonder why Ford dropped this.

That's interesting Bob, I'll try and file that away in the memory. I thought they'd only dropped it for the Mk 8, not the very latest Mk 7.5.

I did ask when I got my car and the dealer didn't really know either, but suggested that it was originally to warn off potential thieves, but now alarms are universal it wasn't needed anymore. I used to find it a useful way of confirming that I'd locked the car! Whatever, I guess it's saved Ford a few pennies!😃

• Like 1

Strangely enough, Roger, I didn't even notice until I read this thread.😀

• Like 1

Good job they left it off, that flashing LED would drain the battery even more quickly! 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Good job they left it off, that flashing LED would drain the battery even more quickly! 🤭

I've read a lot on here about battery drain.   On all the Fiestas I've owned I've never had a problem with it.   Although on the 2013 Titanium, when I first had it the stop start didn't work and I had a new battery fitted under warranty.   That didn't cure the problem though.   A new battery monitoring module did.   I was surprised that Fords didn't try that first.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, so I think the answer is the Puma doesn't have one either but no one really knows why!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club